The Rocket Software team is pleased to announce that a new version of Rocket® Terminal Emulator (Desktop Edition and Web Edition) is now available.
The new version 10.1.4 of Rocket® Terminal Emulator provides several new and enhanced features that improve user experience, scripting, customization, and performance including several customer requirements.
Highlights of this release for Rocket® Terminal Emulator (Desktop Edition):
Transition from PASSPORT to Rocket® Terminal Emulator
- All PASSPORT macro types are now supported in Rocket® Terminal Emulator (Desktop Edition). ZMC macros are supported natively, ZAM macros can be imported into Rocket® Terminal Emulator.
- The directory where the session information is stored can be changed after the installation
- Hotspots, highlighted areas on the screen that can be activated via mouse or touch, are shown without flickering. Spaces are removed in long hotspot text
- “mailto:” is supported in Hotspots
- Terminal Emulator tabs indicate when a long-lasting action has finished
- English (United Kingdom) and Japanese keyboard types are supported
- Rocket® Terminal Emulator Basic script supports additional functions
Highlights of this release for Rocket® Terminal Emulator (Web Edition):
- A group with authentication settings can be defined as a default group that will be used when the login URL does not contain a group name
- Type ahead is now supported in 3270, 5250 and VT
- Single-Sign-On to the Terminal Emulator session is possible – users do not need to log in when they start the session
- The system keyboard on Apple iOS devices can be used
- Keyboard on mobile devices can be displayed automatically when the cursor is positioned in an entry field
- Copy and paste is supported on mobile devices
- Power pad buttons are aligned to the mobile device UI
- Swipe up/down is available on Apple iPADs to show or hide the header
- The host bell sound can be enabled
- There is a new user guide available in the Rocket Online Documentation: Rocket Terminal Emulator Web Edition User Guide V10.1.4
- For VT SSH sessions
- Login time reduced by factor 1,5 to 6,5
- Added Multi-threading to improve overall performance
- Reporting improvements up to factor 20
- Administrators can manage scripts per session setting that are executed when the user connects to the session, for power pad, keyboard, or hotspot
- End users can import, export, create, edit, record, and play scripts
Additionally, several issues have been fixed.
Detailed release notes can be found in the Rocket Online Documentation:
Ready to upgrade now? If you have a current maintenance agreement for Rocket Terminal Emulator, you can access the Rocket Community
to download the respective new releases now.