Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Entity Relationship Diagram Tool with Uniface 10.4

Posted 07-19-2022 11:24
    Hello,

Anyone could give us a simple way and tools to represent  our Uniface 10 entity relation model, in a grafical way ?
    (just as simple than in Uniface 9 ?)
    With an interfaced  free external tool for example . 
    Thank you for your help !
    Daniel

------------------------------
    Daniel CABERO
    Lead of IT R&D Lidea
    LIDEA France
    MONDONVILLE FR

• 2.  RE: Entity Relationship Diagram Tool with Uniface 10.4

Posted 07-20-2022 08:46
    Would be really interested in seeing any responses to this as we are currently looking for tools to do exactly this but in Uniface 9.7.

Brendan Loughlin
    Development Manager
    University Of Essex
    Essex GB

• 3.  RE: Entity Relationship Diagram Tool with Uniface 10.4

Posted 07-20-2022 10:23

Hi Brendan,

AFAIK in U9.7 the diagram tool is available and more perspectives (diagrams) could be defined for each application model; isn't this fixing your needs?

Regards,
    Gianni

Gianni Sandigliano
    IT

• 4.  RE: Entity Relationship Diagram Tool with Uniface 10.4

PARTNER
    Posted 07-26-2022 06:58
    Hi Daniel & Brendan,

I'm not sure what is available for free but draw.io (believe it is now called diagrams.net) has a CSV interface that I used to build an ERD for a non-Uniface model I am working on.

If you have facility to produce a file output from the DICT tables (or database definition) in a specific way, it will draw the objects for you and show relationships. It can only draw simple objects (boxes, labels, arrows etc.) with no containers. However it does allow HTML in the definition of these objects so I constructed an HTML table for the column definitions I wanted to include and it gets displayed within the "label" box that the interface constructs. There is some limited documentation

For example:

# label: <b>%TableName%</b><hr>%Columns%
    # style: label;whiteSpace=wrap;rounded=0;fontSize=12;autosize=1;strokeWidth=1;align=center;shadow=0;glass=0;sketch=0;fontFamily=Helvetica;spacingLeft=0;spacing=0;html=1;verticalAlign=top;horizontal=1;
    # connect: {"from": "refs", "to": "id", "style": "endArrow=ERzeroToMany;startArrow=ERone;html=1;rounded=0;fontSize=7;edgeStyle=orthogonalEdgeStyle;startFill=0;endFill=0;"}
    # ignore: id,refs
    TableName,id,refs,Columns
    TABLE1,TABLE1,'TABLE2,TABLE3','<table style="border:1px solid black;text-align:left;font-size:11px"><tr><td>ID</td><td>NUMBER(12, 0)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>FIELD1</td><td>VARCHAR2(20)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>FIELD2</td><td>VARCHAR2(3)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr></table>'
    TABLE2,TABLE2,,'<table style="border:1px solid black;text-align:left;font-size:11px"><tr><td>ID</td><td>VARCHAR2(1)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>T1_ID</td><td>NUMBER(12, 0)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr></table>'
    TABLE3,TABLE3,'TABLE2','<table style="border:1px solid black;text-align:left;font-size:11px"><tr><td>ID</td><td>VARCHAR2(1)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>DESCRIPTION</td><td>VARCHAR2(40)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>CREATED_BY</td><td>VARCHAR2(20)</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>CREATED_DATE</td><td>DATE</td><td>Not Null</td></tr><tr><td>LAST_MODIFIED_BY</td><td>VARCHAR2(20)</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>LAST_MODIFIED_DATE</td><td>DATE</td><td></td></tr></table>'

Mike Porter
    Equiniti Group
    Belfast, UK

• 5.  RE: Entity Relationship Diagram Tool with Uniface 10.4

Posted 07-26-2022 08:34
    Thank you Mike. I will try it.
    I also tried the datamodeler from oracle sqldevelopper with the Uniface create sql option.
    Daniel 

Daniel CABERO
    Lead of IT R&D Lidea
    LIDEA France
    MONDONVILLE FR