Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Include Proc compilation

Posted 02-03-2023 02:07
    Hi,

I want to compile include procs to have them in the resource output directory. But if I use /obj or /all, the files are not generating in /prc folder. But the msg, men, dvc are OK.

Is there any other option available in IDE to directly compile the library or any reason why the / command is not working for include proc.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Satheesh MuthuGopal

• 2.  RE: Include Proc compilation

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-03-2023 02:22
    Any particular reason why you would want this? Or asked differently: what would you like to achieve here?

An Include ProcScript (or IncludeScript) is not a standalone object. It could be complete ProcScript module, but also might be just a fragment of code. IncludeScript is therefore only compiled when the object that uses it (i.e. includes it) is compiled.

For details see (e.g.) the following topics in the documentation:
    • Modeling the Application >IncludeScripts
    • Modeling the Application > IncludeScripts > Create an IncludeScript
    • Uniface Reference > ProcScript Reference > ProcScript: Precompiler Directives and Uniface Constants > Precompiler Directives: Descriptions > #include
    I hope this clarifies this matter.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 3.  RE: Include Proc compilation

Posted 02-03-2023 07:43
    Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. In Uniface 10 I have included "public web" in USP operation and triggers to avoid the USP error "cannot be executed from the browser". It works for all the USP's except one detail trigger (button). I still get the USP error when I click on the button.

I thought it is not working because the /prc is not updated with the procs. Seems that is not the case. I'm not sure, why this trigger alone not supporting the "public web" or am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Satheesh MuthuGopal

• 4.  RE: Include Proc compilation

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-07-2023 13:06
    This might be a silly question, but are you sure that the correct compiled USP is used at runtime? And you need to make sure that the exec operation also has the "public web" declaration since it is always involved when firing field triggers (as e.g. detail).

If this does not help then you might want to provide a small test USP that demonstrates the problem.

Thanks.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 5.  RE: Include Proc compilation

Posted 02-17-2023 06:24

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. It is resolved.

This particular usp does not have exec trigger. Though we are not using it, I added exec and it worked.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks,
    Satheesh MuthuGopal