Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only

Can't connect to BlueZone 7 from Excel 365 VBA

Alex Garnes's profile image
Alex Garnes posted 07-28-2021 11:09

I'm trying to connect to an open BlueZone session (v7.1.93216 64-bit) from Excel 365. I'm using this code:

Sub MacroName()
Set bzhao = CreateObject("BZWHll.WhllObj")

It throws this error on the Set bzhao line:
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications / Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

I've tried enabling the correct references but nothing seems to work. Is it the code I'm using or a reference I haven't enabled or something else?

Thanks.

Zhi Li's profile image
ROCKETEER Zhi Li
You need to ensure that the bitness of the COM host process -- Excel 365 and the COM -- bzwhll.dll in the BlueZone install directory are same. For example, if bzwhll.dll is 64bit, it's required Excel is also 64bit. Same for 32bit environment. If both bitness are same but the above error still occurs, you may cd to the BlueZone install directory in the command line, run regsvr32 bzwhll.dll, then try again. Hope this helps.
Mike Slater's profile image
ROCKETEER Mike Slater
Hi Alex,

This is an installation issue or a bitness(32-bit vs 64-bit) issue. You can first try re-registering the BlueZone objects, by running a command prompt As Administrator and running the commands:

To un-register the objects:

Regsvr32 "<path to BlueZone program dir>\Bzwhll.dll" /u

To re-register the objects:

Regsvr32 "<path to BlueZone program dir>\Bzwhll.dll"

For 32-bit BlueZone v7.1 the path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueZone\7.1"; and for 64-bit it's "C:\Program Files\BlueZone\7.1".

If the error persists you will want to try uninstalling the current bitness of BlueZone and re-install the other bitness. In 64-bit Windows a process of
one bitness cannot load an object of another bitness, so you need to match the bitnesses of BlueZone and MS Office.

Thanks,
Mike