Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only

BlueZone VT Command Line Options Qustions

Robert Mooers's profile image
Robert Mooers posted 05-13-2021 14:14

I've been trying to script some automation on a product that uses the bluezone VT terminal as it's main driver.
I've already found Command line switches which has helped a lot, but it also raises a whole lot more questions for me. 

I can define multiple connections in the configuration file, but using /C seems to just overwrite one of the names rather than selecting them. Is there a way to actually select a connection via the command line, so I can display it in the window header, rather than just specifying the host name and having every window look the same?

Also, the command line switches for the variables. I can't find a reference to them anywhere outside of this document. Is there a way to access them within scripts? 

Robert Mooers's profile image
Robert Mooers

The first question I was sort of able to answer by defining both a host with /H and a description with /D and then ignoring connections. Would still love to have them be a part of the configuration file and selectable, but it works well enough.

Still looking to see if I can anyone knows how to access the command line variables, though. 
Since the image didn't show up: It says there are 9 generic command line variables you can set via /1, /2, etc...

Example: 

start "process" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueZone\6.2\bzvt.exe" /Fconfig.zvt /Hhost /Ddescription /1variable /2variable /9variable

I'm currently using javascript scripts. 

Zhi Li's profile image
ROCKETEER Zhi Li
Hi Robert, 

First, BlueZone VT doesn't support to select a connection via the command line. At present, all override fields for connection in the command line would go to the first connection in the connect list of the profile. On the other hand, the connection opened by BlueZone VT is always the active/selected connection in the connection list of this profile. So, even though specify /H in the command line, if the active connection isn't the first one, this host /H points to would not be connected. But we will consider this requirement in some future release.
Second, the variables in /1, /2 etc in the command line can be used in BlueZone Script (.bzs file extension) only. Look at Use variables in scripts for more.

Thanks,
Zhi