MVVS: MV Basic for Visual Studio

View Only

Getting Started with MV Basic for VS

Mary Mullane's profile image
Mary Mullane posted 04-05-2021 21:10
Hi,

Thanks for advising that this is now available.   I followed the instructions up to the point of activating & adding the new association, however, when I enter Edit Configuration of Rocket MV BASIC, I get the following error message - "an error (Running the contributed command: 'vscode-rocket.mv.basic.command.editconfig' failed.)"   Also, on the Configuration page, it mentions that "For Windows platforms, you can find configuration files in "C:\Users\yourusername\.rmv\config\"., however, I don't seem to have that file anywhere on my PC ?   Any suggestions on how to resolve these issues welcome.

Thanks,

MARY
Christian Bristow's profile image
ROCKETEER Christian Bristow
Hi,
I presume you are using OpenJDK v11 and pointing to it from the settings. For starters I would suggest you simplify by using PBP BASIC file in XDEMO account (c:\u2\uv\XDEMO\BP). Open the VS Code Explorer into PBP directory, then reactivate the MV BASIC extension.

Presuming you have write permissions to your 'c:\Users\<users>' this should create the hidden directory 'c:\Users\<users>\.rmv' containing the files to access via the Edit functionality
c:\Users\<users>\.rmv\documentation\universe\custom.json
c:\Users\<users>\.rmv\config\format.mvbasic.json
c:\Users\<users>\.rmv\config\db.mvbasic.json

Note you will also have a configuration directory for your open path c:\u2\uv\XDEMO\PBP\.rmv.

I hope this helps.

Christian
Yunpu Zhao's profile image
ROCKETEER Yunpu Zhao
Hi Mary, 

Thanks for trying our product!
You should find the ".rmv" folder in both workspace and user profile directory if the extension activated successfully. Could you help double check whether it created in your workspace?
Below is a screenshot of how to open a configuration file.

Thanks