Rocket DevOps (formerly Aldon)

View Only

Supporting Multiple OS levels

Debi Hahn's profile image
Debi Hahn posted 11-16-2021 15:31
Is there a guide or cheat sheet on what to do when your LMi systems are becoming mixed release?   For example, we’re planning to upgrade Development (Source) to V7R4, but all the targets will still be V7R3.
Jay Mikaiel's profile image
ROCKETEER Jay Mikaiel
Hi Debi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I have pasted below my TGTRLS Cheat sheet that I normally share with customers. I hope you find it useful

OS versions backward compatibility (TGTRLS):

Create Option
To deploy from V7R4 to V7R2, objects must be Created at V7R2 as follows

Compile option could be set at one of the following levels:
NOTE: It would be preferable to set the following parameter at the highest possible level, while keeping the lower levels at the default level. i.e if all objects are intended for deployment to the V7R1 TARGET, then change the global level to V7R1 and insure the application is set to *GLOBAL; the release is set to *APP.

Global:
LMi Main Menu > 11. Setup menu > 1. Define options > Default TGTRLS for create commands [ The lowest required TGTRLS] - (Default is *CURRENT)
or
Application (Overrides Global)
LMi Main Menu > 12. Work with applications > 2=Change > 1. Change options > Default TGTRLS for create commands [ The lowest required TGTRLS] - (Default is *GLOBAL)
or
Release (Overrides Application)
LMi Main Menu > 13. Work with releases > 2=Change > 1. Change options > Page Down > Default TGTRLS for create commands [ The lowest required TGTRLS] - (Default is *APP)

Deployment   (TGTRLS)

TARGET Definition On the HOST:
LMi Main Menu > 6. Deployment menu > 12. Work with location definitions > 2=Change
> Remote System Release – (Default is *HOST)

Best regards
Jay