Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only

Is there a way to see when a program was last executed on UniVerse?

John Sherman's profile image
PARTNER John Sherman posted 06-18-2021 10:59
Hi Everyone,
I'm wondering if there is a built-in way to determine when a BASIC program was last executed on a UniVerse system.  (I'm running v11.1.9 on Linux)  I worked on a different platform years ago that had a DICT item in the BP file that would return that info, but I haven't found anything like it on UniVerse.
Thx
Jonathan Smith's profile image
ROCKETEER Jonathan Smith
You could write a dictionary which uses the ls command to look at the last access time of the pcode in the '.O' file. For example 'ls -l --time=atime'  (on Linux) will show you the last access 'atime' of each file in the directory.

This cannot be guaranteed to work though as the updating of the 'atime' ​ value can be turned off when the file system is mounted and in general it is something that at rocket we suggest that customers turn off as in general the updating of 'atime' is an unwanted performance overhead.
Manu Fernandes's profile image
PARTNER Manu Fernandes
hi,

If you global catalog, you can use MAKE.MAP.FILE and MAP command to read info about the program 

I hope this help
Jonathan Smith's profile image
ROCKETEER Jonathan Smith
The MAP command will only tell you the last date it was accessed. Although it does provide other details as well. Also as stated programs have to globally cataloged to take advantage of the MAP command.