Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only

Unable to write item RELLEVEL

Paul Shears's profile image
Paul Shears posted 11-29-2021 07:35
Hi
I'm migrating Universe to a new Windows Server. When I perform an UPDATE.ACCOUNT command (to update the account to the installed version of Universe) i'm getting an error 'Unable to write item RELLEVEL" - doing this as admin, and windows permissions has write priv. What have I missed?
Mike Rajkowski's profile image
ROCKETEER Mike Rajkowski
Paul,

I have not seen that message on a Windows system before, yet I would expect it has to do with permissions.

The UPDATE.ACCOUNT process updates the VOC and &TEMP&, so in addition to checking the VOC, I would check the &TEMP& permissions.

Paul Shears
Hi  Mike
I have given  the AD groups write access on the whole U2 folder (and sub folders) - so I should have write access to the VOC and the &TEMP& ....but I must be missing something....
Neil Morris's profile image
ROCKETEER Neil Morris
Paul,
In the user account which is generating the error, can you execute the following commands and provide the results? Might provide more detail on the nature of the problem.

>ED VOC RELLEVEL
5 lines long.

----: P
0001: X
0002: 12.2.1
0003: NEWACC
0004:
0005: 12.2.1
Bottom at line 5.
----: SAVE &TEMP& RELLEVEL
"RELLEVEL" filed in file "&TEMP&".
Bottom at line 5.
----: Q
>

Thanks,

Neil
Paul Shears
Hi Neil
I was just looking at that.... so I can edit RELLEVEL in VOC but not in %TEMP% - so looks like Mike was correct with %TEMP% permissions. The AD group has read and write - will give it modify as well and try again....
Paul Shears
Hi

Looks like giving the user's modify has fixed it!!
Neil Morris's profile image
ROCKETEER Neil Morris
Thanks Paul. Just to clarify, the temporary file name should be &TEMP&, not %TEMP%.
Thanks,
Neil