Rocket EOS 360

View Only

PDF print no longer working on EOS Access

Massimiliano Bolzani's profile image
Massimiliano Bolzani posted 04-14-2021 12:46
Dear all,

this is my first post in the forum, I hope this is the right place wherein to raise my request.

An user is pointing out that if he tries to download a report in PDF format from EOS access, now the file gets corrupted and it's not possible to open it. I have tried myself and actually it's true, the PDF file is created but I get an error when trying to open it. But using Chrome, it looks the problem is not there.
Today EOS prod is automatically redirected to Edge, hence we need PDF download working on this specific browser. May it be due to lack of compatibility with the new Edge version my organization has just installed? The current version is 89.0.774.68 (Official build) (64-bit).

Thank you!
Massimiliano
Mark Perillo's profile image
ROCKETEER Mark Perillo
Your problem is not unique to EOS.
Windows 10 uses Microsoft Edge as the default program to read PDF's.
Microsoft Edge's PDF processing capabilities may be incomplete (in some cases).
If certain conditions are met, the errors processing the PDF suggest corrupted PDF files.

In your post, you mention that Google Chrome does not have an issue processing these PDF's.
Google Chrome is often configured to use an Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin to process PDF's.

I recommend changing your default program to Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF's and testing these EOS PDF's again.
Adobe Acrobat can interface nicely with Microsoft Edge when it is configured correctly.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader may have to be installed on your Windows 10 machine.
It is a free download from Adobe.com.

Please test these changes to see if they correct you issue(s).
Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mark Perillo
Rocket Software