Uniface User Forum

View Only
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Uniface Deployment: 300 URD_MW_ERROR

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-19-2018 11:55
    No replies, thread closed.

300 URD_MW_ERROR

Author: justanotherprogrammer@hotmail.com (JEfromCanada)

Hello,   I am using Uniface 9.06.06 on a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit platform.  I received the red screen of death with the error above when attempting to run the sample web application (ORDER_DSP).   Here is the content of my WASV log file:   [startup] ====================================================================== [startup] Date/time : 2015-04-14 18:49:19.10 [startup] Uniface   : [MSW] 9.6.06.01,  (Nov 25 2014), $ioprint=0 [startup] Command   : C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.6.06\common\bin\userver.exe -srvid=2 -dnp=TCP:+13002||737BCA09-F9CB-4A9C-B2A5-D7684D989E7F| -drv=ANY -ust=wasv /adm=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.6.06\uniface\adm -dir=C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Uniface 96 Development\project -asn=wasv.asn, pid=9240 [startup] Directory : C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Uniface 96 Development\project\ [startup] OS        : Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) [startup] Processor : Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU 8400 @ 3.00GHz, 4015 Mb [startup] Hostname  : Win7-PC [startup] User      : userver [startup] ====================================================================== Checkout of license feature USRVUSP failed, reason: The application that was requested is not licensed. Borrowed :: The application that was requested is not licensed. C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\250079LICENSE.XML :: The provided license file does not exist. Grace :: The application that was requested is not licensed. compulock :: The application that was requested is not licensed. Fatal error: 8011 - License not available. Fatal error: 8011 - License not available.   My license file shows USRVUSP as being licensed until November 2015.   If I run applications through client/server, they are working, so it's not that Uniface is having trouble locating my license file.  I don't know what to do next.

• 2.  RE: Uniface Deployment: 300 URD_MW_ERROR

ROCKETEER

Hi Jack, Did you add your license through the "Distriuted License Management" utility? Another option is to add your license file to the "c:\users\public\.Compuware\license" folder. Hope this helps.   Regards, Arno

Author: Arno Bonke (arno.bonke@uniface.com)

• 3.  RE: Uniface Deployment: 300 URD_MW_ERROR

ROCKETEER

Assuming that the license file is where the userver is looking for it: C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\250079LICENSE.XML. It's possible that your userver process is running as a different user. Your client server application will run as the logged in user, the userver will run (by default) as the userver user. It's worth checking that the userver user has permission to access C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\250079LICENSE.XML

Author: James Rodger (james.r.rodger@gmail.com)

• 4.  RE: Uniface Deployment: 300 URD_MW_ERROR

ROCKETEER
    Arno Bonke said Hi Jack, Did you add your license through the "Distriuted License Management" utility? Another option is to add your license file to the "c:\users\public\.Compuware\license" folder. Hope this helps.   Regards, Arno

When I go to Programs => Uniface => License Management (or License Management x64) => Distributed License Management, I see the license file showing in the correct path, with status as "File exists (operational)" I will try placing a copy of the file in the ....\license folder, as you suggested.

Author: JEfromCanada (justanotherprogrammer@hotmail.com)

• 5.  RE: Uniface Deployment: 300 URD_MW_ERROR

ROCKETEER
    James Rodger said Assuming that the license file is where the userver is looking for it: C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\250079LICENSE.XML. It's possible that your userver process is running as a different user. Your client server application will run as the logged in user, the userver will run (by default) as the userver user. It's worth checking that the userver user has permission to access C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\250079LICENSE.XML

You might be onto something here.  I had verified that the user "userver" existed and was in the correct group (this was based on a 7-month-old thread that discussed this issue).  However, looking at the security properties of the .XML license file, I see no reference to a user named "userver".  I've never tampered with this security setting before.  Is it as simple as clicking the "Edit" button and adding a user?  I'm afraid to mess up my computer!

• 6.  RE: Uniface Deployment: 300 URD_MW_ERROR

ROCKETEER

So, I followed all suggestions here before testing again, and this time, the error was gone and a page appeared! I don't know whether any of the steps (adding the security settings for new user "WIN-7\userver", or copying the license file into the "....\license" folder) could have been skipped, but I'm really not that curious to know what "minimal" steps were required.   I just know it works now.  Thanks to both of you for your suggestions!   Jack