MultiValue Tools

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

• 1.  How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-14-2020 17:52

If you are a current user of Rocket wIntegrate, I'm interested in hearing from you. What version are you on? What do you like or dislike about it? Are there any enhancements, features or improvements you'd like to see that would make wIntegrate an even better MultiValue tool for you?

In case you are using an older version and missed the announcements earlier in the year, we were proud to announce the release of wIntegrate 6.4.4? To learn more, read the wIntegrate 6.4.4 release announcement to find out how to update to the latest version.

Already a 6.4.4 user? What feature have you come to appreciate most?

------------------------------
    Hernando Borda
    Rocket Software

• 2.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 03-17-2021 18:28
    I have 6.4.3. I use it for terminal connection to D3. I have setup a screen generator, and have doing boxes for the entry fields.
    Entry screen This screen is an example of what I can generate. I have a subroutine that allows me to do arrow keys in the fields. 

I need to upgrade.

Mark Laursen
    Owner/Developer
    Complete Computing Inc

• 3.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 02-16-2022 15:55
    Very nice wIntegrate screen @Mark Laursen​​​

Peter Gonzalez
    programmer
    Self Registered
    University City MO US

• 4.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 05-16-2023 11:20

I've been trying to find the "Dialog Creator" with no luck. How can I get a copy of your screen generator?  It looks impresive.

Kevin Hond
    Mr.
    Self Registered
    Kingsport TN US

• 5.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 05-16-2023 14:28

Kevin;

This is something I created myself.

I could send you the code for it, if would like.

I would need to write some documentation for it.

The screen generator can work on it own. 

There is a subroutine that is used in the programs that get the screen.

Then the rest is standard Pick Basic for the program.

Mark Laursen
    Owner/Developer
    Complete Computing
    Lakeland FL US

• 6.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 05-17-2023 07:19

I wouldn't want you to go to any extra trouble. [Many] Years back, I wrote a full screen editor that I shared. Having said that, if you would go to the trouble, I would be extremally grateful. Thanks, pickpro@att.net

Kevin Hond
    Mr.
    Self Registered
    Kingsport TN US

• 7.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 02-17-2022 08:07
    Hi, since retiring from Storis Management Systems in 2011  after almost 30 years as Exec. VP and the original designer and programmer, now as a hobbyist I have developed a system for tracking the movies that I collect. I designed this in character base since that I what I have previously used the most. I am currently in the process of converting my screens to have a more GUI look and feel. The one thing that I have always found lacking in wIntegrate is the documentation (e.g. putting together scripts). My current version is 6.3 and I am a single user but sometimes have 3 Unidata sessions open on a single screen. I would be interested in upgrading but have two conditions: 1) better documentation, 2) cost; since at this point it is only a hobby. Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Hond
    Mr.
    Self Registered
    Kingsport TN US

• 8.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 02-17-2022 12:59
    Hi Kevin,

If you have active maintenance on the wIntegrate license there is no cost to upgrade to the latest version. The 6.4.4 doc version would be the current doc set. You can download that free at any time and see if you find it any more helpful. wIntegrate by default installs tons of examples for scripts and host routines that should be a lot more useful to build off of than just the documentation.

If installed to the default location on a 64-bit system then see the scripts in "C:\Program Files (x86)\wIntegrate\Example\Script" along with everything else in the wIntegrate install path. I'm seeing 80+ examples in there.

Regards,
    Michael Belme

Michael Belme
    Technical Support
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    DENVER CO US

• 9.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 02-17-2022 15:25
    Michael,
    Thanks for the response, I'll check out that new documentation. FYI, I do not have maintenance so where/how can I get the cost. If you prefer, you can email me privately at pickpro4125@gmail.com.
    Again my thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Hond
    Mr.
    Self Registered
    Kingsport TN US

• 10.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-25-2022 09:10
    Edited by John Jenkins 03-25-2022 09:10
    Kevin,

If you wish to purchase wIntegrate or get a quote for reinstating maintenance on a license, please contact the Sales team. They can be contacted from one of our online forms - e.g. https://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-universe-0/rocket-wintegrate. Please use the 'Contact Sales' link to access the request form.

Regards

John Jenkins
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Software Limited
    U.K.

• 11.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 04-27-2023 15:55

Since my last post, I am now a licensed user (purchased from U2Logic). I am now trying to develop some GUI screens but am finding it difficult using the provided host scripts. In reviewing the 'Wintegrate Scripting' manual I see references to a 'Dialog Designer'. I am anxious to try this to see if would make my task easier. The one thing I cannot find however, is where to find it and/or how to initialize it. I would appreciate a small push in the right direction. Thanks.

Kevin Hond
    Mr.
    Self Registered
    Kingsport TN US

• 12.  RE: How do you use Rocket wIntegrate 6.4.4

Posted 05-16-2023 11:18

Can anyone tell me where to find the Dialog Designer in Wingegrate 6.4.4?

Kevin Hond
    Mr.
    Self Registered
    Kingsport TN US