Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

• 1.  Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

Posted 05-12-2021 09:53
    We upgraded from BlueZone v6.1.9 to Rocket Terminal Emulator v10.1 - using old script below and getting error:  Unable to attach to Emulator application

Wondering if anyone has seen this before and can offer any assistance.

Script:

Sub Main

set bzhao = CreateObject("BZWhll.WhllObj")
    bzhao.Connect "A"

Run "C:\<pathc to executable file>.exe"

End Sub

------------------------------
    Kristi Robinson
    Technology Support Consultant

• 2.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-12-2021 11:39
    Hi Kristi,

I haven't seen this error myself but I do have some additional questions for you.

Is this a VBA macro? If yes, what bitness of Microsoft Office were you running against BluZone v6.1.9? After upgrading to Rocket TE v10.1, did you install the 32-bit version or 64-bit version?

In this line, Run "C:\<pathc to executable file>.exe", are you trying to launch / open a Rocket TE session?

Thanks,
    Son

Son Pham
    Senior Support Engineer
    Rocket Software

• 3.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

Posted 05-12-2021 11:58

Thank you for your response:

We were able to run this .bbs macro to launch the .exe file using O365 x64 bit prior to our upgrade.  It is a BlueZone Basic Script – and I have registered the .dll for BZBasic.dll. 

So, O365 x64 bit prior to upgrade was working.  Both versions of Emulator are 32-bit.

We were running BZ v6.1.9 32-bit – and upgraded to TE v10.1 32-bit.

The .exe launches a program to copy paste certain text from the Emulator into some Word Docs, for printing and mailing out. 

Kristi Robinson

Technology Consultant

This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and contain information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, copying or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message

• 4.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-12-2021 16:00
    I'm not sure if you meant bzhao.Run vs just Run. If the BBS script is using "bzhao.Run" then the program needs to be whitelisted in the global.ini [Security] section. Compare your v6.1 global.ini to the v10.1 global.ini found in their respective installation directories.

Mike Jones
    Rocket Software

• 5.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

Posted 05-13-2021 09:24

I was so hopeful that whitelisting the application would be the solution.  Unfortunately, it has not allowed the application to "find" the emulator.

I whitelisted the application and tested, not fixed.  I edited the global.ini in v10.1 to match that in v6.1.9, not fixed.  Also, the global.ini in v6.1.9 does not have a Security section, no applications whitelisted....but I tried that anyway – no fix.

I'm going to extract the .exe application file today and see if there is anything that is pointing to "BlueZone" vs "Rocket" emulator.

Thank you for the suggestions, and if you think of something, please let me know.

Kristi Robinson

Technology Consultant

• 6.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-13-2021 09:56
    Is the option "Allow Multiple Simultaneous Connections" enabled in your config? It's found in the API Properties dialog (Options::API from the menu).

Mike Jones
    Rocket Software

• 7.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

Posted 05-13-2021 10:11

Yes "Allow Multiple Simultaneous Connections" is checked "on" in Options > API

Thank you,

Kristi Robinson

Technology Consultant

• 8.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-13-2021 11:19
    Do you know if the exe application uses COM or HLLAPI to interface with the emulator?

Mike Jones
    Rocket Software

• 9.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

Posted 05-13-2021 11:32

I believe it's COM, as I saw an error on my v6.1.9 when I didn't have the correct mainframe screen opened, it was a COM error.

Kristi Robinson

Technology Consultant

• 10.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-13-2021 20:41
    Edited by Zhi Li 05-13-2021 20:45
    It seems there are two HLLAPI connections in your case. One is from bzhao.Connect method in your script, which is COM interface, another is from your .exe application the Run method launches. Are you saying the second is also COM interface? As "Unable to attach to Emulator application" isn't the error information from BlueZone, could you share your code piece in the .exe application? so that it will be clear which one interface. In particular, if it's HLLAPI interface, can you check if your application loads whlapi32.dll in 10.1 install directory? If it's COM, can you re-add reference that points to 10.1 bzwhll.dll to your application?

By the way, it looks that the first connection has nothing to do with the second, so not sure why your above script doesn't call Run method directly.

Zhi Li
    Rocket Software

• 11.  RE: Error: Unable to attach to Emulator application

Posted 05-14-2021 10:09

Thank you so much for your response.  I have loaded the whlapi32.dll as well as the bzwhll.dll for install of Rocket TE.....I edited the script to simply run the .exe program – and am getting the "Unable to attach to Emulator application" – as you noted, this error is not coming from BlueZone, but is coming from the .exe program.....meaning the program cannot find the Mainframe Display to connect to.....I was able to extract the files in the .exe program and see the following, which I suspected – the .exe program does not "identify" Rocket TE as a mainframe display – and therefore cannot find it as the error states.  ��

I believe I have found the issue, now to find a program to edit this .exe file and I think all will be well again.

Kindest regards to all for your assistance in leading me to find this solution

The error line from the .exe program

Kristi Robinson

Technology Consultant