Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only
  • 1.  Automate workflows easily with Basic scripts in BlueZone Web to deliver new levels of productivity

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-18-2020 09:38

Like everyone else these days, your teams are likely being asked to do more with less while still maintaining high levels of quality. Zero footprint tools like BlueZone Web make it easy for people to work anytime and anywhere, but did you know BlueZone Basic scripts can be used to deliver productivity and quality benefits as well? Find out how to create your own basic scripts in this video and let me know what you've achieved using these capabilities, or how I can help you overcome any related challenges. More to come on this topic…

------------------------------
    Jamie Devlin
    Rocket Software

• 2.  RE: Automate workflows easily with Basic scripts in BlueZone Web to deliver new levels of productivity

Posted 12-15-2020 13:49
    Edited by George Lee 12-16-2020 09:07
    Hello, based on the demo above, is it possible to capture the Name and Address and store them in a variable or output to text file?

Also going to add if it is possible to input values from a text file or database and run a macro to populate any number of records.

TIA

George Lee
    FIS

• 3.  RE: Automate workflows easily with Basic scripts in BlueZone Web to deliver new levels of productivity

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-18-2020 04:22
    Edited by Tommy Hueber 12-18-2020 07:56

Hi George,

I've consulted my colleague  @Mike Slater for this answer, thank you.

The syntax for scripting in BlueZone Web is standard JavaScript syntax.  You can have variables and store values from the terminal, for example to read from the terminal and then type the text followed by a space character:

automationObject.connect();

row = 13;

column = 41;

len = 10;

myText = automationObject.getText(row, column, len);

automationObject.autoTypeJS(myText + ' ');

However, there is no File I/O in JavaScript running in the browser sandbox, for security reasons.  If you need File I/O you can use BlueZone Desktop, which is a native Windows application and has access to client side system resources.

Tommy Hueber
    Rocket Software