MVVS: MV Basic for Visual Studio

View Only
  • 1.  Little suggestion : current path into the code displayed on 'path line' below filename

PARTNER
    Posted 02-21-2022 04:39
    hello,

I'll introduce a little enhancement suggestion into MVVS display.

Like when I edit a json file, I'll read my current 'in code path' into the header of my file. 

here is the sample on a json : the 'in code path' show the complete 'xpath' like of my cursor position.  

Applied to BASIC, I'll have : Directoryname > Filename > sectionName > indentLevel > indentLevel > ... 

where :
    sectionName := the nearest upper Label   in sample WIBASIC > WI.OPENAPI.B > PathItemObject: 
    IndentLevel := the list of nested indent 'word' ... for, if, loop, if  with first next word ... in sample  WIBASIC > WI.OPENAPI.B > PathItemObject: > for ivar > if APP 

When we edit large basic code, a such 'in code path' can be really usefull. 

With kind regards

------------------------------
    Manu Fernandes

• 2.  RE: Little suggestion : current path into the code displayed on 'path line' below filename

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-21-2022 18:59
    Hi Manu, 
    That's a very good idea, really appreciate your suggestion! I will create an enhancement ticket to track and evaluate this.

Thanks!

Yunpu Zhao
    Software Engineer
    Rocket Software Inc
    CN

• 3.  RE: Little suggestion : current path into the code displayed on 'path line' below filename

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-10-2023 03:10
    Hi, Manu.
    MVVS 1.10.0 build will be available at the end of this month and we will partially support this "path line" feature in this release.
    We tried to implemented same path line feature for BASIC, but as the nature of LSP(parser), currently we can only support level 3 in the path line(File path > BASIC file name > Function/Subroutine/Label), please feel free to have a try with our new build, thanks.
    Best Regards.
    Charles.

Chao Han
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    Dalian CN

• 4.  RE: Little suggestion : current path into the code displayed on 'path line' below filename

PARTNER
    Posted 10-25-2023 05:31

hi @Chao Han

it works for subroutine but not for function ... 

try this

subroutine name1(variable_comma_sep)
         deffun local1(args) calling local1
         variable_comma_sep = local1(123)
         return

subroutine name2(variable_comma_sep)
         variable_comma_sep = ''
         return

function local1(arguments_comma_separete)
         return arguments_comma_separete * 1 

then it works only on blank line, if the cursor is on a symbol, the symbol replace the subrname.

with kind regards

Manu Fernandes

• 5.  RE: Little suggestion : current path into the code displayed on 'path line' below filename

ROCKETEER
    Posted 10-25-2023 21:40

Hi, Manu.

Thanks for the testing for this one, I can confirm that there is a bug for the path line feature in the BASIC subroutine program, but it should works fine if you define that function in the main program, we will try to fix this one when we have resource available, thanks.
    Best Regards.
    Charles.

Chao Han
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    Dalian CN