Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  U9: persistent definition of "Other Component" to be tested

Posted 12-12-2020 09:38

Hi Unifacers,

I have developed, tested and ready my dedicated form to drive customize testing actions for any component.

Now, still in U9 for time being later on in U10, I need to have it starting up as default any time a developer ask to test while modifying ANY component.

Unfortunately I was NOT able to define as persistent into "Editor Setup" the "Test component selection" value to "Other": "TEST_FROM_IDF", which is the name of my custom test component driver. Every time a developer exit from current session values defined in those red fields are lost.

I've digged into System and User Preferences without finding a solution.

Is there a way to defined a specific default for the "Test component selection" field and having it as persistent value any time a new session is started?

Thanks in advance for any tips or trick...

Regards,
    Gianni

• 2.  RE: U9: persistent definition of "Other Component" to be tested

Posted 12-14-2020 07:34

I can't see the image. And I can't really understand the problem.

I mean, you can always save a config file as JSON, or use $setting to modify a logical value. But I guess is not the answer you are looking for

• 3.  RE: U9: persistent definition of "Other Component" to be tested

Posted 12-14-2020 13:00

Hi Luis,

if you click on the image you'll see the public version of it from my public dropbox.

I was asked to develop a custom testing mode from UDE. I've developed (with your help in a previous question of mine here on the community...) the custom forms. It works.

Now I need all developers to start with that form when asking for test from IDF. Unfortunately into Editor Setup the choice of defining "Other component" to be tested with its name is not persistent into Uniafce development configuration (or better I was not able to define it as persistent): every time the current session is exited it reverse to "Current component".
    All your suggestions will come in a later stage: first thing first I need UDE to start my own component.

Note: there is no permission control in place in the UDE, so all developers work as USER user being part of GROUP group.

Hope it is more clear now...

Gianni

• 4.  RE: U9: persistent definition of "Other Component" to be tested
    Best Answer

Posted 12-15-2020 12:29

Now I understand the issue. 

Seems Editor Setup remains in memory. "Other Component" field is called ULABEL.DUMMY. And when test your form...

if (USETHISFORM.DUMMY = 1)
    	$P_FORMNAME$ = ULABEL.DUMMY
    else
    	$P_FORMNAME$ = $$UP_0
    endif

I think it is not possible to use official Test option tricking it to use a specific "Other component".

Also, I tried to twist TestMode Preferences without any success.

I think, the best option is to add an Additional Menu (assigning an accelerator)

Regards

• 5.  RE: U9: persistent definition of "Other Component" to be tested

Posted 12-26-2020 09:54

Thks Luis,

an "additional menu" item is the only choice.

Gianni