Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How to read microsoft word document

Posted 09-03-2021 11:05

Hi all

I need to paste the content of microsoft word document into a rich text field in U9, a plus will be to keep fonts colors and so on

I tryed with the old uDdeRequest with no luck, and find something regarding reading it by using com/signatures. Has someone and easy example that should do the work? thank you!

• 2.  RE: How to read microsoft word document

Posted 09-03-2021 17:27

Ciao Simone,

DDE is ages old, it's past!

What about reusing a free doc/docx to RTF converter? See HERE as an example.

If you really want/need to program your way:
    1) Load Word signatures into your Uniface repo with /sti; see documentation for examples.
    2) Build a very small program which instatiate Word application, open your doc/docx document original document and save it as RTF. In this section you could obviously do much more: use Word VBA macro recorder for examples.
    3) Later on you could fileload that RTF file into a Uniface RichTextField but keep in mind the Uniface RichTextField is customized to Uniface environment needs (like: images embedded into RTF document are not shown).

An example very similar to what you are asking for is in your PWD_EXCEL form.

Gianni

• 3.  RE: How to read microsoft word document

Posted 09-06-2021 07:29

thank you Gianni!

che converter is the simplest way

going through windows/word signature is better in a technical aspect, but if we can't read the text written in the .docx directly I see it as a waste of time