Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  While trying to open uniface 10 IDE, getting an error "Failed to activate start up shell screen"? Can anyone please help me out here.

Posted 08-11-2021 10:48

Solution I tried copying idf.aps from uniface/components file from my uniface 9.7 to uniface 10, uniface/components (as this folder itself was missing, and didn't had the .aps file for unifacen10.)

Still getting the same error.

• 2.  RE: While trying to open uniface 10 IDE, getting an error "Failed to activate start up shell screen"? Can anyone please help me out here.

PARTNER
    Posted 08-11-2021 10:55

It doesn't use the aps file from a folder any more, as uniface has moved to .uar deployment. 

I'd be looking at comparing your idf asn file with the one shipped with uniface 10 and understanding the files involved (RESOURCES should include the files below.)

usys:ide.uar
    usys:ide_messages.uar
    usys:ide_classic.uar

• 3.  RE: While trying to open uniface 10 IDE, getting an error "Failed to activate start up shell screen"? Can anyone please help me out here.

Posted 08-11-2021 14:04

Thanks it worked 🙂

• 4.  RE: While trying to open uniface 10 IDE, getting an error "Failed to activate start up shell screen"? Can anyone please help me out here.

Posted 06-15-2023 05:13

thank you for sharing that include things

I had the same problem

------------------------------
    Simone Pecchenino
    Labinf Sistemi Srl
    IT
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: While trying to open uniface 10 IDE, getting an error "Failed to activate start up shell screen"? Can anyone please help me out here.

Posted 08-11-2021 12:54

Hi Shubham,

IMHO it is NEVER a reasonable thing to mix objects coming from two major versions.

Your issue is definitively about Standard Deployment, as Iain as already pointed out, AND possible modifications you've applied to your ASN files.

With Standard Deployment you MUST work with .UAR files only; you should NOT address Uniface runtime objects (.frm. .svc, .rpt, ... and so on ...) directly but referring to UAR files containing them into [RESOURCE] section of your ASN file. Each UAR file is containing a pre-defined directory structure.

More info HERE.

Uniface 10 IDE itself is distributed using Standard Deployment.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Gianni