Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 09-19-2021 08:07

I have a small repository migrated to Uniface 10.4 Community Edition. With the IDE I don't have a problem. When I try to test it or run it I get the error "Fatal error: 8011 - A license could not be acquired for UCLIENTW64.". I use the entitlement ID which is provided with the registration for the Uniface 10.4 CE download.

I have also the Uniface 10.3 CE installed on my system.

Log file output:

2021-09-18 18:44:56.49 - Uniface session started
    Using license option LM_LOAD S
    Using default for LM_LICENSE_FILE C:\ProgramData\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\License\

Requesting licenses from a license file.
    Using license manager Sentinel
    Loaded 'lsapiw64.dll' from D:\Project\Programs\Uniface104CE\common\bin\lsapiw64.dll, version: 9, 8, 0, 0048
    Loaded 'lspmgmtinit64.dll' from D:\Project\Programs\Uniface104CE\common\bin\lspmgmtinit64.dll, version: 9, 8, 0, 0048
    Existence check: C:\ProgramData\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\License\lservrc is a file.
    Existence check: C:\ProgramData\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\License\lservrc is a file.
    The lease for your cloud-based license for feature "UW10" expires within 89 days.
    Please connect to the internet to have Uniface automatically renew the lease.
    Checkout UW10: 1 (S:F)
    Time to checkout UW10;UWALL;UW32: 4284 ms

Checkout UCLIENTW64: -1 (S:F)
    Sentinel errorcode is 210018
    Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed.
    Fatal error: 8011 - A license could not be acquired for UCLIENTW64.
    Fatal error: 8011 - A license could not be acquired for UCLIENTW64.
    2021-09-18 18:45:00.81 - Uniface session stopped

• 2.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-20-2021 08:30

Hi Richard,

It should be working now - you may need to restart the urouter.

Kind regards,

Mike

• 3.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 09-20-2021 09:09

Thanks Mike,

It is working now.

Kind regards,

Richard

• 4.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 09-20-2021 10:02

Next problem occurs. I try to  connect a SLE database with the following assignment settings:

[PATHS]
    $TCP_data = TCP:localhost+<port>|<username>|<password>|SomToday_data

[ENTITIES]
    *.*    $TCP_data:*.*

The following is in the log file:

2021-09-20 11:53:39.53 - UServer session started
    Using license option LM_LOAD S
    Using default for LM_LICENSE_FILE C:\ProgramData\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\License\

Requesting licenses from a license file.
    Using license manager Sentinel
    Loaded 'lsapiw64.dll' from D:\Project\Programs\Uniface104CE\common\bin\lsapiw64.dll, version: 9, 8, 0, 0048
    Loaded 'lspmgmtinit64.dll' from D:\Project\Programs\Uniface104CE\common\bin\lspmgmtinit64.dll, version: 9, 8, 0, 0048
    Checkout USRVW64: -1 (S:F)
    Sentinel errorcode is 210018
    Checkout of license feature USRVW64 failed.
    Fatal error: 8011 - A license could not be acquired for USRVW64.
    Fatal error: 8011 - A license could not be acquired for USRVW64.
    2021-09-20 11:53:43.84 - UServer session stopped

The same error occurs while I try to run a DSP form.

Both things are running fine with the Unifuce 10.3 CE installation.

• 5.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-20-2021 11:05

Hi Richard, It should be ok now.

• 6.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 09-20-2021 11:16

Hello Mike,

I tried both situations again. It works now as expected. Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Richard

• 7.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 11-24-2023 10:54

Hi Richard de Vries,

I've been following your thread with great interest, especially since I've encountered similar challenges in the past. It's reassuring to see that the initial issue with UCLIENTW64 was resolved with Mike's help. These licensing hiccups can be quite perplexing!

Regarding your new challenge with connecting to the SLE database and the USRVW64 license error, it seems like a similar licensing snag. Have you tried applying the same resolution steps that worked for the UCLIENTWl64 issue? Sometimes, these errors can be linked to how the software manages license checks for different features.

Also, considering that everything runs smoothly with Uniface 10.3 CE, it might be worth looking into any version-specific licensing changes or requirements in Uniface 10.4 CE. A detailed comparison of the licensing files or settings between the two versions could reveal some insights.

Lastly, have you reached out to Rocket Software's support team? They might have more direct experience with these specific version-related issues.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and happy to brainstorm further if needed!

Best regards,

John Smith

------------------------------
    Jonshn Smith
    Admin at Gorenew.com.co
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 8.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 11-27-2023 12:21

Hi Richard de Vries,

I've been following your thread with great interest, especially since I've encountered similar challenges in the past. It's reassuring to see that the initial issue with UCLIENTW64 was resolved with Mike's help. These licensing hiccups can be quite perplexing!

Regarding your new challenge with connecting to the SLE database and the USRVW64 license error, it seems like a similar licensing snag. Have you tried applying the same resolution steps that worked for the UCLIENTW64 issue? Sometimes, these errors can be linked to how the software manages license checks for different features.

Also, considering that everything runs smoothly with Uniface 10.3 CE, it might be worth looking into any version-specific licensing changes or requirements in Uniface 10.4 CE. A detailed comparison of the licensing files or settings between the two versions could reveal some insights.

Lastly, have you reached out to Rocket Software's support team? They might have more direct experience with these specific version-related issues.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and happy to brainstorm further if needed!

Best regards,
    John Smith"

Jonshn Smith
    Admin at Gorenew.com.co
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 9.  RE: Checkout of license feature UCLIENTW64 failed (Uniface 10.4CE)

Posted 11-28-2023 14:11

Hello John,

These problems arose the moment Rocket Uniface 10.4 Community Edition was released. At that time, I was already using the 10.3 version in the 32-bit version. The U10.4 Community Edition is a 64-bit version. I probably kept using the same licence after installing U10.4 as I was already doing. There probably did not resident the licence features UCLIENTW64 and USRVW64, which are specific to the 64-bit. I don't know what was done in the background to make the licence features available. The licence for the U10.4 CE is a cloud licence. How exactly this is structured and regulated, I don't know. For me, it was important to have things working without any problems. This allowed me to do the various tutorials and gain knowledge about Uniface 10.

I reported the problems through the forum. I didn't know any other way to do this, as it concerned the Community Edition. One and all has been picked up by Mike. Mike Taylor is the Rocket Uniface Product Manager.

After the two problems were resolved, I have had no further problems with the Community Edition licence.

An interesting web page on the various licence features is Uniface License Features Explained. Here is the meaning of the licence features.

Kind regards,

Richard

Richard de Vries
    Sogeti Nederland B.V.
    Deventer NL