Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only
  • 1.  Performance monitoring

Posted 04-27-2021 14:52
    We are using UV 11.3.1 and have a .Net application using unirpc to access data from the host (on Linux). There's been a marked degradation in the time the .Net application takes to move from page to page over the last couple of months. I suspect it's an issue with the .Net application but I need to prove that the access on the host side is not causing the issue. CAn any of you learned folks recommend monitoring tools for UV that will report read/write performance and identify latency?

I'm pretty sure I can write something to do this but want to see if the problem has already been addressed.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Jeff Teter
    Woodforest National Bank
    [Phone]

• 2.  RE: Performance monitoring
    Best Answer

Posted 04-28-2021 08:10
    Edited by Mike Rajkowski 04-29-2021 13:08
    Hello Jeff

There is a way to monitor the UniRPC that may give you the information you are after.
    If you create a file called serverdebug in the UVHOME directory that the contents looks like this:

uvcs 10 /tmp/uvcs.log

What will happen is the next time a UniRPC connection comes in, a log with be created in the /tmp directory that looks like:

uvcs.log_xxxxx

xxxxx will be the pid of the UniRPC connection,

If you look inside the log, you will get time stamps of ever line in the log, plus what that line was doing

Nik Kesic

Nik Kesic
    LKQ

• 3.  RE: Performance monitoring

Posted 04-28-2021 08:33
    Hello Jeff

I thought I would add that this information is available in the following section of the "Rocket U2 Clients and APIs" manual.

Chapter 4: Accessing UniVerse Accounts

Nik Kesic

Nik Kesic
    LKQ

• 4.  RE: Performance monitoring

Posted 04-28-2021 14:39
    Thanks! That pointed me in the right direction...

Jeff Teter
    Woodforest National Bank
    [Phone]