Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only
  • 1.  Printing Logos

Posted 05-17-2021 07:43
    We have used printer loadable soft fonts to print logos on packing slips for over a decade. I am now unable to find anyone that can provide a service or software to convert images into SPF files. Does anyone have any idea of finding something or a workaround like printing an image directly for every printed page?

------------------------------
    Nelson Schroth
    president
    C3 Completeshop LLC

• 2.  RE: Printing Logos

PARTNER
    Posted 05-18-2021 07:39
    Hello Nelson, 

What's the POS printer model ?

Manu Fernandes

• 3.  RE: Printing Logos

Posted 05-18-2021 18:59
    Manu,

We load the soft fonts on dozens of printers.  The main ones are big Ricohs.  We simply load them to any/all of the printers and simply send the the designator and the logo prints where we tell it to.

Nelson

Nelson Schroth
    president
    C3 Completeshop LLC

• 4.  RE: Printing Logos

Posted 05-18-2021 10:31
    We have done this using HP-GL Macros to add a our logo on each printed page with a few steps, not very pretty but works a treat.

1. Load image into GIMP
    2. Print to file (with HP Laser printer type)
    2a. Set 600DPI
    2b. On the Image Settings TAB set the Size:Width, Height
    3. Extract image from Print File
    4. Insert extracted portion into our defined Macro PCL/HP-GL template file (using Notepadd++, the not so pretty bit)
    5. Modified our print driver to send the Macro file followed by the print job and finally trailer PCL sequences

KR
    Mark

Mark Copp
    Infrastructure Design
    Travis Perkins

• 5.  RE: Printing Logos

Posted 05-18-2021 19:11
    Mark,

I appreciate your feedback...seems pretty complicated as well as "ugly" :-) 

Having the logo converted to a soft font allows it to be resident on the printer and triggered to print by simply sending the designator.  Saves sending logo images for each page, especially when we print 5k pick tickets at a time multiple times per day.  This has been working for over 10 years.

HP still has the web page active ( https://www8.hp.com/us/en/solutions/business-solutions/printingsolutions/ljfonts/custom.html), but no one has answered our phone messages or the emails for over a year now.  I tried contacting HP tech Support who has also failed to answer me.

Nelson

Nelson Schroth
    president
    C3 Completeshop LLC

• 6.  RE: Printing Logos

PARTNER
    Posted 05-19-2021 07:58
    Hi Nelson,

I have to admit, I've never had to do this, so I'm basically ignorant and my answer seems too obvious to be useful.  But here goes ... 

Just based on the order form you link to in the post above, have you tried Elfring Fonts Inc?  I mean if you just need some new custom soft fonts (e.g. for a changed logo), that does seem to be one of their services.

Tyrel

Tyrel Marak
    Technical Support Manager
    Aptron Corporation

• 7.  RE: Printing Logos

Posted 05-23-2021 15:06
    Hello Tyrel,
    Thanks for the suggestion.  Elfring seems like they may be the answer.  We will be trying them this coming week.
    Many thanks for the idea.
    Nelson

Nelson Schroth
    president
    C3 Completeshop LLC