D3 and mvBase

View Only
  • 1.  D3\Linux 10.2.0 to 10.3.2 upgrade

Posted 12-22-2020 12:02

I am trying to clarify the upgrade process as some of the documentation I have read some documentation that says to do a fresh install with new drives and that the installer will wipe out existing partitions.  I have read other bits that indicate that you can upgrade with data in place.  I would like to upgrade with data in place (with a good backup of course) but before I destroy something I just want to be sure.  Any success stories appreciated.

Steve Caspers

------------------------------
    Steve Caspers
    Murphy Automotive Inc

• 2.  RE: D3\Linux 10.2.0 to 10.3.2 upgrade

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-22-2020 13:52
    Edited by Chris Macadam 12-22-2020 13:52

Hi Steve,
    D3/Linux 10.3.2 is only certified for RH/CentOS 8.x and since D3/Linux 10.2 runs on RH/CentOS 7.x an upgrade with data files in place is really not an option. In this case, the section to upgrade with data files in place is included in the Install Guide but it doesn't apply because of the change required at the O/S level. Apologies for the confusion this has caused.

Chris

Chris Macadam
    Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Software

• 3.  RE: D3\Linux 10.2.0 to 10.3.2 upgrade

Posted 12-22-2020 14:11

Okay, I understand.  I currently am running on Centos 7, so then I would need to upgrade the O/S to RHEL8 in order to upgrade D3.  Is there a new Linux O/S certification path planned in light of the recent announcement on Centos 8 EOL being 12/31/21?

Steve Caspers
    Murphy Automotive Inc

• 4.  RE: D3\Linux 10.2.0 to 10.3.2 upgrade

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-22-2020 19:15

Given the fact that this was a relatively recent development, this is under discussion with no official announcement yet.

Chris Macadam
    Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Software