Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Unknown references to /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib

Posted 06-26-2019 09:02

When using distutils, my script will spit out commands with references to /u/pdharr/anaconda-build, which is an unknown user on my system.

xlc_echocmd -qdll -qdll -qexportall -qascii -q64 -qnocse -qfloat=ieee -qgonum -qasm -qbitfield=signed -L /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib -qdll -qexportall -qascii -q64 -qnocse -qfloat=ieee -qgonum -qasm -qbitfield=signed -L /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib build/temp.os390-25.00-2964-3.6/helloworld.o /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/pkgs/python-3.6.1-1/lib/libpython3.6m.x -o build/lib.os390-25.00-2964-3.6/myModule.so
    /bin/xlc -F /u/kporter/python//python-2017-04-12-py36/python36/bin/xlc.cfg -qdll -qdll -qexportall -qascii -q64 -qnocse -qfloat=ieee -qgonum -qasm -qbitfield=signed -L/u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib -qdll -qexportall -qascii -q64 -qnocse -qfloat=ieee -qgonum -qasm -qbitfield=signed -L /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib -Wl,dll -o build/lib.os390-25.00-2964-3.6/myModule.so build/temp.os390-25.00-2964-3.6/helloworld.o /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/pkgs/python-3.6.1-1/lib/libpython3.6m.x

These should be under my installation- /u/kporter. All of the files it’s trying to access (e.g libpython3.6m.x) exist under my installation. Is this a configuration or installation issue?

There are many locations where u/pdharr/anaconda-build/pkgs/python-3.6.1-1/lib/ seem to exist, including several configuration makefiles and binaries.

• 2.  RE: Unknown references to /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib

Posted 06-27-2019 04:38

Hi,
    Could you describe how you installed python, please? Also, could you share the output of command “env | sort”?

• 3.  RE: Unknown references to /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib

Posted 06-27-2019 09:00

Hey Tatyana,

I installed with the following script, edited from the README:

export BASH_PREFIX=/var/rocket/
    export PERL_PREFIX=/var/rocket/
    INSTALL=/u/kporter/python/
    export RELEASE_NAME=python-2017-04-12
    export RELEASE_TYPE=py36 # or py36 or both, to match the download you chose
    export RELEASE_DIR=$INSTALL/${RELEASE_NAME}-${RELEASE_TYPE}
    export PKGS_BASE=$RELEASE_DIR/pkgs
    cd $RELEASE_DIR; ls -ld python27 python36 both
    # based on the results of the ls, run one or more of these commands
    cd $RELEASE_DIR/python27; bin/install_all_packages
    cd $RELEASE_DIR/python36; bin/install_all_packages
    cd $RELEASE_DIR/both; bin/install_all_packages

The env variables you’re looking for probably won’t show, I recently started running python3 with a wrapper shell script because Rocket Python for z/OS breaks Rocket Git for z/OS.

# ROCKET PYTHON
    export _BPXK_AUTOCVT=ON
    INSTALL=/u/kporter/python/
    export RELEASE_NAME=python-2017-04-12
    export RELEASE_TYPE=py36 # or py36 or both, to match the download
    export RELEASE_DIR=$INSTALL/${RELEASE_NAME}-${RELEASE_TYPE}
    export PYTHON_ENV=python36 # pr python36 or both, to match your desired environment

export PYTHON_HOME=$RELEASE_DIR/$PYTHON_ENV
    export PATH=$PYTHON_HOME/bin:$PATH
    export LIBPATH=$PYTHON_HOME/lib:$LIBPATH
    export LIBDIR=$PYTHON_HOME/lib
    export FFI_LIB=$PYTHON_HOME/lib/ffi
    export TERMINFO=$PYTHON_HOME/share/terminfo
    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PYTHON_HOME/lib/pkgconfig:$PYTHON_HOME/share/pkgconfig
    export CURL_CA_BUNDLE=$PYTHON_HOME/etc/ssl/cacert.pem

python3

• 4.  RE: Unknown references to /u/pdharr/anaconda-build/python36/lib

ROCKETEER
    Posted 07-25-2019 06:09

Hi kalebporter,

We was able to reproduce this error. It will be fixed in the future releases.

Thanks,
    Alexander