Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 09-28-2017 12:59

A user tried to use this command:
    $ git config --system --edit
    fatal: Could not switch to ‘/rsusr/rocket/etc/’: EDC5129I No such file or directory.

Did I miss a configuration item during the install? I didn’t see anything in the zOS git Release Notes.pdf.

These commands work properly:
    git config --global --edit and git config --local --edit

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 09-29-2017 06:13

Hi,

We recommend to install Vim and make this setting:

git config --glob core.editor “vim”

• 3.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 09-29-2017 12:33

Hi,
    We are using this: core.editor=/bin/vi -W filecodeset=ISO8859-1 which is set from the git config --global core.editor “/bin/vi -W filecodeset=ISO8859-1” command.

From the first time Git setup…
    /etc/gitconfig file: Contains values for every user on the system and all their repositories. If you pass the option --system to git config, it reads and writes from this file specifically.

How do I configure Git on z/OS to use my system config file? (/myrocketdir/gitconfig)

I read this but couldn’t determine what the resolution was.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 10-03-2017 07:47

Hi,

As I know, there is no way to change the path to system config.
    Thank for reporting. We have found an issue related with system config.

• 5.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 10-03-2017 07:48

Internal ticket

• 6.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 10-03-2017 09:57

I tried setting the environment variable GIT_CONFIG_NOSYSTEM which is supposed to skip reading the settings from the system-wide $(prefix)/etc/gitconfig file but it didn’t work.

Thanks.

• 7.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

Posted 02-03-2021 13:00
    I know this is very old, but it seems this is still an issue with git version 2.14.4_zos_b09 as I've just run into it as well. I've solved the problem at our site by hex-editing the git code and altering the /rsuser/ported located near x145F00 and replacing it with low values (x00). Now, git looks for the gitconfig file in /etc/gitconfig for system-level settings. Of course, I've made a backup of the original, unedited code first. I'm wondering what the status of the internal ticket opened by Tatiana on 2017/10/03 is.

------------------------------
    Andrew Arentsen
    Acuity Insurance

• 8.  RE: Git fatal: Could not switch to '/rsusr/rocket/etc/': EDC5129I No such file or directory

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-10-2021 22:53
    Hi, Andrew

This issue was fixed in 2017 with build 13.

Rocket has moved to a new system – conda – for downloading, installing, and upgrading all z/OS open source ports developed by Rocket.
    All ported tools should be installed via package manager conda.

https://www.rocketsoftware.com/openappdev-for-z

Regards, Alex

Alex Tishkov
    Rocket Software