Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Curl 7.52.1 behavior on different z/OS systems

Posted 07-26-2018 12:40

Just upgraded a 4 system sypslex from curl 7.16.1 to curl 7.52.1. My systems share binaries and BPXPRM members so all is the same - we have AUTOCVT=NO

On 1 system in the sysplex when I either use putty or omvs the curl responses are gibberish and seem to be in ASCII. However … on the other 3 systems the response is readable and in EBCDIC. Keep in mind this problem is also seen when just doing curl --help.

If I issue export _BPXK_AUTOCVT=ON … then the issue is resolved and text response is readable.

I know the documentation says all sessions should have the env variables set … but does anyone know why 1 of my 4 systems in the sysplex is defaulting differently? I opened an SR with IBM but they said to reach out to ROCKET.

• 2.  RE: Curl 7.52.1 behavior on different z/OS systems

Posted 08-08-2018 14:02

I would look at /etc/profile and see if _BPXK_AUTOCVT=ON is being set on all but one of the systems.

Also, are you using the same shell on all of the systems? You can check that with /bin/tsocmd "listuser $LOGNAME omvs".

If neither of those seems to be the issue, can you please run env | sort on the working and non-working systems and post the output? Thanks!