Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Openssl version

Posted 06-19-2020 03:41

Hi!
    very impressed with the openssl port for z/OS, and its very useful utilities like s_client, makes life easier. The version however is 3.5 years old…
    OpenSSL 1.0.2k 26 Jan 2017
    Are we to expect a more recent build?

Thanks,
    Marc

• 2.  RE: Openssl version

Posted 06-22-2020 10:34

Hi Marc,
    Thanks for your interest to ported tools. Yes, we have a plan to refresh our portfolio later this year.

• 3.  RE: Openssl version

Posted 03-31-2021 08:54
    Hi,

is there any progress in this topic so far? The openSSL version is now four years old and does not offer support for TLSv1.3 and SHA-3. As an administrator I use openssl often to investigate issues with encryption. When using Linux or Windows this works great due to the use of newer openssl versions. The current version is 1.1.1k from March 2021 and currently version 3.0 is under development.
    Furthermore the IETF has announced TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 officially as deprecated this month (RFC8996). So there will be even more preasure to migrate to newer TLS versions.
    I didn't find a newer version than 1.0.2k in Repository at "anaconda.org/zoss-appdev". Are there any newer versions in the other repo at https://condaserver.rocketsoftware.com/ I can access? I do not get any packet listed on the rocket-server, yet.

Thanks and regards,
    David

------------------------------
    David Obernöder
    DATEV eG

• 4.  RE: Openssl version

Posted 03-31-2021 09:41
    Hi David,
    The public channel is not refreshed with latest security fixes and has 6 month delay of updates. The newer version Openssl 1.1.1h is available in Rocket secure channel. Note, that only customers with support contract for Rocket Open AppDev for Z have access to the channel.

Tatiana Balaburkina
    Rocket Software

• 5.  RE: Openssl version

Posted 04-09-2021 07:03
    Hi Tatiane,

So us on the public channel, will get Openssl 1.1.1h within the next 6 month?

/Morten

Morten Kjærulff
    VP SECURITIES

• 6.  RE: Openssl version

Posted 04-09-2021 11:12
    Hi Morten,
    It will be available at the end of June.

Tatiana Balaburkina
    Rocket Software