Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  getlistitems/occ raising field not found errors

PARTNER
    Posted 11-16-2021 10:15
    Edited by Iain Sharp 11-16-2021 10:30
    #uniface-10

We've noticed a lot more entries in the putmess log for both uniface.exe and userver.exe about ​
    8059 - reference made to excluded field....
    These seem to be tied to where we use getlistitems/occ to populate a modeled entity from a list. (The standard behavior for our client-server legacy code), obviously where the entity field list is not set to 'all fields' . 

I don't recall getting these stacks of messages in the log files before we migrated to uniface 10. Is this new behaviour, and if so how can I turn it off?

------------------------------
    Iain Sharp
    Head of Technical Services
    Pci Systems Ltd
    Sheffield GB

• 2.  RE: getlistitems/occ raising field not found errors

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-16-2021 12:06
    Iain,

I've already send a reply for the case you've raised for this issue. For the benefit of the other forum users here's a quick summary:

I don't see a difference between Uniface 9 and 10 in the described scenario. Both versions generate the same amount of 8059 messages. In case the compiler setting $V7_INCLUDE_FIELDS is not used then enabling it should reduce the number of 8059 messages in the mentioned scenario.

I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 3.  RE: getlistitems/occ raising field not found errors

PARTNER
    Posted 11-16-2021 12:25
    Unfortunately, it looks like the V7 include fields would reduce the errors by automatically including more fields in the list. 
    We get this problem where we have deliberately excluded fields from the components field list, because it should only affect a subset of the fields, and we want to keep the other fields unaffected by this program.

(There are two components, one has the 'master' copy with all the fields, the other one is to accept these, control some but not pass back the other fields, meaning they cannot be included in a putlistitems/occ.)

I do still have a copy of U9.7 here, and will see if I can generate a testset which outputs differently between the two. 
    But it seems to me that the getlistitems/occ should (probably) not complain about the list containing fields which are not included on the component..... no?

Iain Sharp
    Head of Technical Services
    Pci Systems Ltd
    Sheffield GB

• 4.  RE: getlistitems/occ raising field not found errors

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-17-2021 02:45
    That is indeed how V7 include field is working: in versions prior to Uniface 8 more fields were included in the automatic field list.

In case the same settings are used in version 9 and 10 then I would expect that the same amount of 8059 messages are generated in case the program encounters data that includes fields that are not present in the current component. As far as I am aware getlistitems/occ (or statements that do similar actions) always "complained" about missing fields. In case you see a difference between versions then something apparently has been changed in the program. At this moment I'm at least not aware of any changes in version 10 that could explain this. Also, when I do a simple test here then I don't see any differences.

Hopefully you can isolate this matter. Thanks.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 5.  RE: getlistitems/occ raising field not found errors

PARTNER
    Posted 11-19-2021 10:32
    It could be, that clean up was not executed in the 97 environment. So compare cleanup 97 with 10.x

Dino Seelig
    Tcco
    Drunen NL