General Discussion & Announcements

View Only
  • 1.  Celebrating our success: The Rocket Forum turns 1

ROCKETEER
    Posted 10-14-2021 22:16
      |   view attached
    Members are what make communities great, so I want to applaud all you've done to make this site into the amazing resource it has become. The stats speak for themselves.  Thank you.

I encourage you to tell your colleagues about the forum and suggest that they join us. Growing the network helps us all.

https://community.rocketsoftware.com/register

Keep the conversations going. Keep sharing your success and challenges. Keep helping us all advance.

Best regards,
    Dave

------------------------------
    David Andrews
    Head of Customer Advocacy
    Rocket Software
    South Salem NY United States

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Celebrating our success: The Rocket Forum turns 1

Posted 10-15-2021 09:39
    Hell David,
    Now that Rocket Software has purchased Accuterm, Jbase and OpenQM from Zumasys, will there be a Rocket Forum for each these products? 
    Rocket OpenQM
    Rocket Accuterm (including GUI)
    Rocket Jbase.

Peter Gonzalez
    programmer
    Self Registered
    University City MO United States

• 3.  RE: Celebrating our success: The Rocket Forum turns 1

ROCKETEER
    Posted 10-15-2021 15:32
    Hi Peter,

Perhaps not surprisingly, it is our intention to support these products like our other MV products. That will include growing our network of experts and contributors, product-specific forums and private areas for working teams to ideate, test new features and the like. In particular I'm excited that Accuterm has such a great following and hope that's an area we can really get some great engagement in.

Where do you think new forums can add the most value? What kinds of topics or activities would be useful to customers using these products? 

Regards, Dave

David Andrews
    Rocket Software

• 4.  RE: Celebrating our success: The Rocket Forum turns 1

Posted 10-18-2021 08:36
    David,
    For decades the U2 family of products have left the general MV world and closed out installations on other mv platforms. This purchase will hopefully reverse that.   I would like to see forums on the integration of U2 products with OpenQM and Jbase (thou I do not use Jbase but know others use it). 

-Peter G

Peter Gonzalez
    programmer
    Self Registered
    University City MO United States

• 5.  RE: Celebrating our success: The Rocket Forum turns 1

PARTNER
    Posted 10-20-2021 07:30
    "For decades the U2 family of products have left the general MV world and closed out installations on other mv platforms"

The most succinct description of the market now essentially 100% within Rocket's purview.

While it does appear development effort makes it's way to non-U2 mv [I'm thinking d3, here]; sadly the attitude is still U2 first. A position and attitude that makes those in the non-U2 world feel like the poor relation.

Every roadmap I've seen, and more tellingly even this week's most recent roadmap reflects this truth.

Where is MVSCode for d3? 'Oh, it's only available on U2'. Where is MVIS for d3? 'Oh, it will be available later on such-and-such a date'. That answer or minor variations on it are all we ever get.

That pervading attitude provides close to zero confidence in Rocket's promises that systems like d3 are core; which is why real-world apps are leaving mv.

Commercially, I appreciate there is unlikely room for multiple mv environments; but that means Rocket must find a way to take ALL mv forward onto a common platform, presumably with all of the best 'bits' of UV, d3, mvbase etc. What shall call that?

Perhaps U6? Or MV6? [Universe, Unidata. mvbase, d3, jbase, QM]

Where is the roadmap for that?

My 2c worth.

David Knight
    Senior Software Engineer
    H3O
    Peterborough United Kingdom

• 6.  RE: Celebrating our success: The Rocket Forum turns 1

ROCKETEER
    Posted 10-20-2021 08:27
    MV6 - That's an interesting thought David!

Just want to remind everyone that this is the general forum and that this thread started with the intention of recognizing what the Rocket Forum has done to improve our ecosystem, specifically helping Rocket product users, our product management team, and product developers. Given the tight knit MV community and the timing of the recent acquisition, these two topics have become intertwined.

I'd like to recommend a few things:

1. Share your specific thoughts about how we can improve D3 in the D3 forum. There's been a lot of work this year to learn from users and build a development roadmap reflecting needs. Product managers and members who have been working on this will surely share their perspectives on D3 futures there. I believe more on this topic will be posted soon.
    2. While it will take some time to stand-up forums for the newly acquired products, we have the other products forum where we can talk about any (former) Zumasys product. We encourage you to share your views on these products as well. As this transaction is just a few days old, product teams have yet to have the opportunity to roll-up their sleeves and consider the future. Your feedback on these new-to-Rocket products is invaluable to them as they work though this, so please do help in that regard.
    3. Share the forum and our success with your colleagues and customers, no matter which products they use, MultiValue or otherwise. Growing the network helps us all, and in particular assures we have a broad set of voices guiding product development, and access to experts to make us all more effective and productive.  
    Regards, Dave

David Andrews
    Rocket Software