Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only
  • 1.  CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

Posted 09-22-2022 18:45

Trying to run CONVERT.SQL but getting an error.  Not sure how to track this user down or change the owner.  Clearly that uid is not a windows guid.  The user id doesn't show up in LISTUSERS.  I'm an admin on the server but I'm not sure how that relates to a superuser in unidata.

Thanks,
    Seb

------------------------------
    Sebastian Nahapetian
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 2.  RE: CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-23-2022 05:16
    Sebastian,

This may be better dealt with via a support call to avoid a long exchange on the forum for this.

As a starting point though can you run the following program

001: CRT "Logname = " : @LOGNAME
    002: CRT "Local Admin Group = " : SYSTEM(515)
    003: CRT "Local Administrator = " : SYSTEM(516)
    004: END

For me on my internal system it returns

Logname = Jonathan
    Local Admin Group = Administrators
    Local Administrator = 1

This will tell you which group UniData recogonizes as the 'Admin' Group SYSTEM(515) and SYSTEM(516) returns 1 if UniData sees you as an Administrator.

For reference

SYSTEM(515) - Returns the localized name of the Administrators group. The group name differs based on the localized version of Windows. Note: SYSTEM(515) lets database SQL create privilege table records for items owned by the Administrators group, even if the Windows version is not an English-language version.

SYSTEM(516) - Returns 1 if the user is a member of the local Administrators group. Otherwise, returns 0.

This will provide us with the starting information about how the system see's you when your logged into UniData. The course of action that should be followed next will depend on what the values of SYSTEM(515) and SYSTEM(516) contain.

Thanks,

Jonathan Smith
    UniData ATS
    Rocket Support

• 3.  RE: CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

Posted 09-23-2022 09:23
    Jonathan,

Thank you for your response. I have a case open - 00836515 - with rocket support if you want to pick it up.

Cheers,
    Sebastian

Sebastian Nahapetian | IT Manager - Operations
    Talos Energy ▪ 333 Clay St., Suite 3300 ▪ Houston, TX 77002
    Sebastian.Nahapetian@talosenergy.com

• 4.  RE: CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

Posted 09-30-2022 08:37
    Hi Jonathon - I do not see these pieces defined in my basic commands reference (SYSTEM(515)&SYSTEM(516)). My list goes from system(109) to system(1000). Can you tell me where I might find a more complete list of all the system variables available?

Thank you
    Kathleen

Kathleen Hambrick
    Programmer at Colwell

• 5.  RE: CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-30-2022 14:05
    @Kathleen Hambrick If i recall you are now using UniVerse and the variables i mentioned are from UniData and noted in the online help for SYSTEM and in the latest UniData manuals​

Jonathan Smith
    UniData ATS
    Rocket Support

• 6.  RE: CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

Posted 09-30-2022 14:08
    Ah - right - so many differences. you'd think they would be more similar!

Thanks

Kathleen Hambrick
    Programmer at Colwell

• 7.  RE: CONVERT.SQL - only owner or superuser can covert a file - any way around this in windows?

PARTNER
    Posted 10-04-2022 15:07
      |   view attached
    I got my copy from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.u2.general/46131/match=system however that site is no longer around, sadly. I've attached the original.

Brian Phillips

Attachment(s)