Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only
  • 1.  EDA Replication

Posted 01-12-2021 12:31
    I need someone to help me through setting up EDA replication on a UV/Windows server connecting to SQL Server.  The documentation doesn't seem to make sense and I can't figure out how to make it work.

------------------------------
    Kevin King
    President
    Precision Solutions, Inc.

• 2.  RE: EDA Replication

ROCKETEER
    Posted 01-13-2021 04:21
    Kevin,

I've set up multiple sites to use EDA and Replication and the fastest way to assist you with this is to place a support call with Rocket so we can help you with this. Attempting to resolve this over the community forum could be drawn out and cumbersome.

Some starter questions for you though if you don't want to place a support call

1. Does Replication work on it's own
    2. Does EDA work on it's own
    3. Is the problem when you combine the two.

One of the most common mistakes people make on doing this is setting up the two together is in the 'DSN' being used to connect to the SQL server setting it to use 'Windows Authentication' ... now this will work for EDA on it's own, it will not work for replication with EDA as the repwritter processes run as the system user and will not work with 'Windows Authentication' setting in the DSN. So our recommendation always has been to setup the 'DSN' to use SQL authentication even if just using EDA but it is an absolute must for using Replication with EDA.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Smith
    UniData ATS and Principal Engineer
    Rocket Software