MultiValue Tools

View Only
  • 1.  wIntegrate Preferences

Posted 04-18-2022 08:49
    We use wIntegrate v6.4 and we try to set the "Title" preferences under Setup to provide some indication of which system we are logged into.  When trying to indicate "~" for port number, what we get is "U2 SSL" rather than the port number.

Are there any other choices that may actually provide the port number?  It would be extremely helpful when dealing with locks, etc.

Thanks,
    Nelson

------------------------------
    Nelson Schroth
    president
    C3CompleteShop LLC
    Harrison OH US

• 2.  RE: wIntegrate Preferences

Posted 04-20-2022 13:42
    Hi Nelson,

There are not any options to display the port number in the session title currently in wIntegrate. I've attached a screenshot from the docs on what the 3 options are for the title bar. ~ indicates connection type, rather than port. So U2 SSL would be correct there.

Typically U2 SSL is SSL telnet on port 992. So when you see U2 SSL you can usually assume port 992 unless you've got a custom port set on the server for SSL telnet.

Regards,
    Michael

Michael Belme
    Technical Support
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    DENVER CO US

• 3.  RE: wIntegrate Preferences

Posted 04-21-2022 10:10
    Couple of options spring to mind depending on your Terminal Emulation you're using, you will need to make sure you have the Status Bar enabled within Settings -> Preferences

1. If supported use the Terminal Emulations sequence to switch to the Status Line,  send text before switching back

2. Use the wIntegrate Host Program CALL WIN.STATLINE
    CALL WIN.STATLINE("Account: ":@WHO:" User: ":@ACCOUNT:" Port: ":@USERNO)

Regards
    Mark

Mark Copp
    Infrastructure Design
    Travis Perkins Trading Company Ltd
    Northampton GB

• 4.  RE: wIntegrate Preferences

Posted 04-21-2022 14:53
    Thanks Mark,
    I foolishly assumed that when the wIntegrate setup shows "~ for port number" that it really meant number.  Silly me :-)

Your suggestion was much appreciated.  I added one other parameter that we often need to troubleshoot problems: "@TTY".
    We are running on AIX, so my status line now shows:
           ACCOUNT: DEVEL  USER:nschroth  PORT: 17  TTY:/dev/pts/16

Thanks again.
    Nelson

Nelson Schroth
    president
    C3CompleteShop LLC
    Harrison OH US