Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only
  • 1.  SSIS Connection String - AdoNetSource BIML

Posted 10-25-2020 19:47

Using BIML to create SSIS packages with a UniVerse source connection. 

I can build a package manually and connect successfully using the rocket ado .net driver. However when attempting to automate the build of the packages through BIML, I receive a failure at the AdoNetSource connection string. The connection string requires a "ServerType" to be defined. When the AdoNetSource attempts to connect using the connection string, it fails with error message "keyword is not supported: 'servertype'".

I get the same error when converting a working package to BIML through the 'convert package to BIML' option. When attempting to rebuild the package from the automated BIML script, the same error message occurs with the supported keyword of 'servertype'. 

Has anyone come across this before and found a workaround? I need to continue to use the ADO Net provider as it is significantly faster than other options (ODBC and OLEDB). 

A similar message is posted on the BIML forum as I suspect Varigence does not support a U2 connection. 

Thanks, 
    Ryan. 

------------------------------
    Ryan Cox
    Eagers Automotive

• 2.  RE: SSIS Connection String - AdoNetSource BIML

Posted 10-25-2020 19:49

AdoNetConnection for the above ... 

<AdoNetConnection Name="Source" ConnectionString="Server=<server>;User ID=<user>;Database=<database>;ServerType=Universe;" Provider="U2.Data.Client.U2Connection, U2.Data.Client, Version=2.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=<publickeytoken>" />

Ryan Cox
    Eagers Automotive