B2B Supply Chain Integration

View Only
  • 1.  TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting April 2021 - Recordings and Presentations

ROCKETEER
    Posted 04-27-2021 03:42
    Edited by David Andrews 04-30-2021 14:29

Dear Participants of the TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting 2021,

Once again we would like to thank you for your participation during our TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting.

As we mentioned during the meetings we are now offering the session recordings and the presentations in both languages for download.
    Please find them attached.

What happens next?

You will soon receive a message about the release of the next TRUfusion Enterprise version: 7.9.4.0.

If you started a conversation during our future roadmaps sessions you are probably in touch with @Martyn Davies and/or @Thomas Fechner.

If something else comes to mind, you can post it here in the forum.

This way we may see other users agreeing to new posts or adding additional thoughts, which could make them even more valuable.

Thank you, looking forward to reading your posts!

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Juergen Diedler
    Rocket Software

English:

German:

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting April 2021 - Recordings and Presentations

Posted 05-07-2021 07:25

Thank you very much for sharing these and for the presentations on the day.
    The new user interface was great to see and, for ourselves, the interaction with the Windchill system was of particular interest.
    It will be something I will discuss within our departmental meetings.
    I may of missed it but does it allow the pulling of office type documents as well to create a package of CAD/PDF/TIFF/STEP etc?

Currently I would like to see some enhancement to the help documents. I seem to get either lost or not find a simple answer so its quickerto usually log call.
    Maybe some "one off" blogs on certain subjects, personalizing the interface, etc.
    As this is not my main system I support, but one of many used by Design, I tend to rely on a Rocket Engineer to upgrade, and usually have to leave them to it, so would like some update/upgrade detailed guides to help understand on how to do it and also, because for most managers money is better not spent, I have many hoops to jump through to get budget for an upgrade purchase.
    These guides can also help with the updates to specific modules (e.g. Tomcat) which our internal network security people are constantly requesting.
    Would like an import tool to batch create users (internal MAHLE ones)
    One last item on TruFusion logons. It maybe already available but would like to point towards our Active Directory for authentication.

Thanks and once again Apologies to @Martyn Davies  for the microphone that decide not to unmute!

​​​​

Kevin Robinson
    United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting April 2021 - Recordings and Presentations

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-10-2021 04:35
    Dear @Kevin Robinson

Thanks for posting these questions.

I'll do my best to answer:
    1. TRUfusion Enterprise Windchill integration. A user is able to select office type documents as well to create a package of CAD files plus the usual office documents, PDFs and TIFFS. If you and your colleagues are interested we can show this to you.
    2. Help documentation. This is useful feedback. I will work with our documentation team and see how we can make some improvements.
    3. Tips and tricks. We would like to start to use this Forum for one off blogs/postings on whatever topics the user community would like. With the modernisation of the clients more personalisation will be possible.
    4. Import tool to batch create users. We have a tool for this. I will liaise with @Thomas Fechner to see if he or one of his team make this available to you.
    5. Active Directory. We do have a module for Active Directory integration. Again, I will liaise with @Thomas Fechner to get him or his team share more information on this with you. 
    I hope this helps.​
    ​​​

Dr Martyn Davies
    Director of Product Management
    Rocket Software
    Tel: +44 (0) 113 391 7680
    Email: mdavies@rocketsoftware.com

• 4.  RE: TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting April 2021 - Recordings and Presentations

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-10-2021 10:44
    Hi Kevin,

here are my additions to the reply from Martyn Davies:

• Import tool to batch create users -> We have such a tool for internal use in migration projects. We can help you with a bulk import on a project basis.
    • AD/LDAP integration for TFE -> We are offering a module to integration TFE with LDAP/AD for authencation. We do have also an enhanced TFE-LDAP module with which you can create/maintaine/de-activate user accounts based on AD/LDAP groups. This could actually also be a long term solution for you, to automate the user management in TFE. I'm happy to show this to you in a demo. Please contact me via email in case you are interested?

Thanks.

Regards

Thomas Fechner

Thomas Fechner
    Rocketsoftware

• 5.  RE: TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting April 2021 - Recordings and Presentations

Posted 05-11-2021 03:37
    Hello Thomas
    On the LDAP item we seem to have a module in our license 

Is this the base integration you are quoting?
    We just need to authenticate as AD User accounts are created in other processes.
    On our system we still have to set a password in TFE whenever they are updated in AD, so this license is maybe related to something else.

The user creation tool is just to enable us to create the initial entries for our people (say approx 100) and would have to be a freely available feature

Kevin Robinson
    MAHLE Powertrain Ltd
    United Kingdom

• 6.  RE: TRUfusion Enterprise User Meeting April 2021 - Recordings and Presentations

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-14-2021 04:19
    Hi Kevin,

The license you are showing should be the TFE-LDAP1 license, which is enogh to enable the authentication for TFE using LDAP/AD. It's probably simply not correct configured in your system? I will contact you via email to setup a session to review.

As mentioned we have a TFE-LDAP2 license, which allows also the 'mass onboarding' of new users together with the general user maintenance. The tool I have mentioned (TFEMigrationTool) is an internal utility we cannot share for the given reason, but we are offering on a project basis to help with these type of onetime activities. We can discuss this together and find a soltuion for you.

Thanks.

Regards

Thomas Fechner

Thomas Fechner
    Rocketsoftware