Other Rocket Products

View Only
  • 1.  Corvu Portfolio Editing

Posted 02-25-2021 08:26
    We are using the CorBusiness and CorPortfolio products for our reports.  I created several CorPortfolio pages so that users can run Queries using HyperVu.  I recently went to make changes to them and I no longer have the ability to add or edit the pages.  I verified that I still have permission to the files/directory.  Any ideas what could cause this situation?

------------------------------
    Scott Baxter
    President
    W M Plastics Inc, dba Novation Industries

• 2.  RE: Corvu Portfolio Editing

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-26-2021 08:34
    Hi Scott

Can I ask what version of CorBusiness you are using?

Craig Wall
    Rocket Software

• 3.  RE: Corvu Portfolio Editing

Posted 02-26-2021 11:02
    We are using 5.40.R03.735

Scott Baxter
    President
    W M Plastics Inc, dba Novation Industries

• 4.  RE: Corvu Portfolio Editing

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-26-2021 11:06
    Excellent - See Mark's comments below, this should resolve the issue for you!

Kind Regards

Craig

Craig Wall
    Senior Solutions Engineer
    Rocket Software

• 5.  RE: Corvu Portfolio Editing

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-26-2021 09:02
    Edited by Mark Woodall 02-26-2021 09:44
    Hi Scott
    CorPortfolio has added security. There are some notes about it in the user guides.

"The user logged into CorVu when the CorPortfolio file was created becomes the owner who has the full set of permissions. The owner can assign any CorVu user or user group a mix of permissions. If you do not set up such permissions, other CorPortfolio users are assigned read-only access."
    So basically you need to login to CorVu using the SAME userid that was used by the original creator of the CorPortfolio document if you want full access to edit it.
    The screengrab below shows the CorPortfolio Permissions panel for a file called CareerMap.cbr (each file can have different settings).
    To give another CorVu account full access, use menu File>Security to open the panel, then click on the Write option, then drag & drop a user or group to the Access box - see pic.

#CorVu