Other Rocket Products

View Only
  • 1.  CorVu Reports

Posted 04-12-2022 08:05
    Hello All,

I'm new here from Papua New Guinea. We we are using Universe as our database for our Financial Institution- Savings & Loans.

Since then , we have have manually coming up with retrieve sentences to extract data to compile  reports requests from the Business. The business I growing & so thus needs for different types of  reports . Only two of us do reports manually and this is a very tedious process you can imagine.  

Therefore, I looked around and glad to come across this place. I am looking for dashboards that we can deploy to the different arms of the business so they can have access real time and there own way. I know CorVu would have that capacity and would love someone to assist me as to how to go about this as soon as possible. 

Please advise someone. 

Thanks,
    Roland Kayver

------------------------------
    Roland Kayver
    Core Banking Support
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 2.  RE: CorVu Reports
    Best Answer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 04-13-2022 08:18
    Hi Roland - I'm guessing that you will be using CorVu NG Workstation with a connection to a Universe database.
    Are you looking for ready-made dashboards to deconstruct and use as templates or something with Universe which is finance specific?
    Or are you looking for the Universe server programs to create the MultiValue Data Source?
    ---
    Building a dashboard requires breaking the requirements down into data queries first. Rocket has a Solutioning service with people who are skilled in helping to design complex dashboards. Let me know if you would like to be put in touch with them.
    --
    You can use an NG Dashboard as a form of menu navigation or for user-driven filtering which then run other queries in the form of reports or charts.
    It is not a good idea to put big datasets into tables on a dashboard, because performance suffers as multiple people access it. So keep multi-user dashboards simple and the queries used for them as minimal as possible. Dashboards are good for summary data, not for crunching detail.
    If you need to provide detailed reports then use the event buttons on a dashboard to launch Reports objects which have large multi-line data content.

Mark Woodall
    Manager, Technical Support Engineering
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    GB

• 3.  RE: CorVu Reports

Posted 04-13-2022 19:42
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the response. 

I am looking for way I can use as dashboard to use GUI and extract. We have come up with queries already but we usually run it one by one upon request from the back end to compile a detail report.

Couple of questions here.
    1. How can  I get CorVu NG workstation and  NG dash Board.Is it a program or it comes with the program and machine as one?

2. Can you put me through Rocket solutioning service ?

Awaiting your soonest response.

Roland Kayver
    Core Banking Support

• 4.  RE: CorVu Reports

ROCKETEER
    Posted 04-14-2022 09:39
    Hi Roland
    Since you posted about CorVu reports I assumed you already had the Rocket CorVu NG product. It may be bundled with your purchase of Rocket MV tools or purchased separately. I've asked my contact in Rocket solutioning to reach out to you and establish what you need and how Rocket can help.
    Chase me up if you need to get things moving.
    regards Mark.

Mark Woodall
    Manager, Technical Support Engineering
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    GB

• 5.  RE: CorVu Reports

Posted 04-14-2022 09:50
    Hey Mark.
    Thanks , not yet. We have no CorVu NG yet.  I looked it up here ,so I wanted to know more about it before I go further with it. Seems it is the one I'm looking for.

Yes please , I need to speak with someone whom I can take this further soon.

Thanks Mark . You have been really helpful. 

Roland Kayver
    Core Banking Support