Rocket UniData

InnerBanner-MVProducts_Juen2020_v1.png
Welcome to the Rocket UniData forum. Join the forum if you are a UniData customer, or want to know more about the platform. Feel free to start a discussion in the discussion tab, or join an existing conversation.

Rocket® UniData is a best-in-class of the MultiValue application platform, for scalable business apps that can evolve as needs change. Offering a stable, secure, fast data server engine with high availability and low administrative overhead, Rocket UniData is ideal for rapid development using modern tools.

To learn more about the platform, visit the Rocket UniData home page.

#MV #UniData
​​ #U2Python#MVU #Rocket.Build​​

Latest Discussion Posts

• Posted in: Rocket UniData

UniData version 8.2.2 has been released on September 29 2020 for the below platforms/versions: AIX POWER 7.1, 7.2 Amazon Linux 2 CentOS 7, 8 HP/UX ITANIUM 11.31 Oracle Enterprise Linux x86 7, ...

Are you a current user of U2 ODBC and/or JDBC with UniData 8.2.1? If so, it is necessary to ensure all accounts are using the 6.0 version schema files. Not doing so runs the risk of some applications not working with your UniData account. In his blog, ...

Yes UniData 8.2.2 due to be released in a couple of weeks will be certified on Redhat 8 Regards Jonathan Smith ================================ Rocket Software, Inc. and subsidiaries ■ 77 Fourth Avenue, Waltham MA 02451 ■ Main Office ...

1 person recommends this.

Rocket UniData is a best-in-class part of the Rocket MultiValue Application Platform for scalable business apps that can evolve as needs change. As a stable, secure, fast data server engine, Rocket UniData is ideal for rapid development using modern tools. ...

In the previous article “Dealing with the Python time module from Rocket MV BASIC” I showed how it is possible to access the python internal time module and convert the python date to string display format, then convert it back into the number of seconds ...

I the previous post “Dealing with Internal and Display format data in your MV database with Python” I showed how it is possible to convert the python date to the MV internal format. We will not show how we can get the python time date representation. ...

By storing your data in internal format in your MV database, you can easily convert the data to a desired display format. One of the most common uses for conversion codes is dealing with dates. In MV the internal representation of the date is an integer. ...

With close to 250 thousand projects on https://pypi.org/ , it is not likely any of us will have a chance to try them all. Please reply to this discussion with a short comment on any python module/package you feel would be of interest to the group. ...

• Profile Picture

ROCKET UNIDATA 8.2.1

Posted in: Rocket UniData

INTRODUCTION I wanted to share some important insight on the recent UniData 8.2.1 release. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so let me start with these pictures and follow with more technical detail. As you can see, we focused a lot ...

It often seems like food trucks are everywhere when you've just finished lunch, but are nowhere to be found if you're ready for a meal. Alcomtec, a company based in Peru, developed two mobile apps. FudTraker help hungry people find their favorite food ...

Announcements

• U2 Audit Logging overview

If you're on UniData and concerned with compliance or security, I invite you to watch this 9 minute video which provides an over view of U2 Audit Logging.
  • Understanding UniData hashed and dynamic files with resize and memresize

If part of your job involves administering UniData, they you’re aware that the objective of file resizing is to minimize overflow as overflow is a performance overhead. Have you seen this blog post? It’s a great overview and best practices guide covering:

• 32-bit v 64-bit dynamic hashed files
    • UniData static hashed files, dynamic hashed files, and group structure
    • Level 1 level 2 overflow
    • Benefits of the group structure
    • How do UniData dynamic hashed files work?
    • How does UniData decide which group is to be split?
    • How is the split pointer calculated?
    • What happens when a group is split?
    • How does UniData decide when a group is split?
    • Keyonly
    • Keydata
    • Wholefile
    • Default split type
    • Resize v memresize
    • Limitations of memresize
    • Worked example to demonstrate differences

Community Blogs

• Managing product marketing for the MultiValue business unit means that I have an opportunity to interact with customers, and hearing how Rocket products have improved services and offerings for their customers. Using a combination of UniData and U2 RESTful ...