Rocket Uniface Support Resources

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to load compiled Uniface objects into Oracle database?

Posted 12-04-2023 12:48

We installed a Uniface application that has a uar file with all the compiled Uniface objects. When I tried to access the objects from IDE, I was not able to see the objects. Is there a way to import the objects from the uar file into the Oracle database? If the answer is yes, how should I do that? Uniface version is 10.3.02.

Thanks,

Anthony

------------------------------
    Anthony Zhong
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to load compiled Uniface objects into Oracle database?

Posted 12-04-2023 14:55

Hi Anthony,

Your post leads to two possible short answers:

1) If those Uniface objects are compiled and collected into an UAR file you do NOT have available sources of those Uniface objects. There is NO WAY in Uniface to import sources from compiled objects; this functionality is in place to protect ownership. You could try to ask for sources to your application supplier, but their availability depends from the contract.

2) If you want to open that UAR application from the IDE as a test application against a test database look for "IDE test configuration" into Uniface documentation.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Gianni

Gianni Sandigliano
    IT

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to load compiled Uniface objects into Oracle database?

Posted 12-04-2023 15:32

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for your reply. What you said makes sense. I'll have to ask the application publisher for the source of the objects.

Regards,

Anthony

Anthony Zhong
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to load compiled Uniface objects into Oracle database?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-13-2023 04:17
    Edited by Sjaak van Schie 12-13-2023 04:18

Hi Anthony,

The UAR is for deployment, not for development.

When you like to check the content, you can open the uar file in e.g. 7zip or another zip tools.

You can also use urm commands to list the content etc. 

https://www3.rocketsoftware.com/rocketd3/support/documentation/Uniface/10/uniface/_reference/executables/urm.htm

Sjaak van Schie
    Principal Software Engineer
    Rocket Software - Uniface
    Amsterdam - Netherlands