Rocket jBASE

View Only
  • 1.  jbase_agent lowercase -w option?

Posted 03-02-2023 17:23

We are experiencing a large number of odd jbase_agent processes being spawned that are interfering with system operation (users experiencing freezing, hangs, unresponsiveness).  The processes use command options I don't recognize.

Our normal jbase_agent is running with these processes as per ps -ef | grep jagent:

jagent     3394      1  0  2022 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /home/jagent/jagent_20002.sh
    jagent     3556   3394  0  2022 ?        00:25:48 jbase_agent --config=/home/jagent/jagent_20002_config

Meanwhile, the spurious processes look like this:

jagent    79624      1  0 12:47 ?        00:00:01 jbase_agent -w --config=/home/jagent/jagent_20002_config +A 5 +H 8

I was unable to find documentation for a lowercase -w option for jbase_agent; I also have no idea what the "+A 5 +H 8" at the end of these means.

Can anyone help?

Apologies if the forum is not the right place for this question: I tried creating a proper support issue initially, but when looking for a jBASE support portal I found jBASE is not listed as a product family on any of the Rocket support contact listboxes.

------------------------------
    Lucas Naylor
    Programmer / Analyst
    Bellingham Cold Storage
    US

• 2.  RE: jbase_agent lowercase -w option?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-02-2023 17:55

Hi Lucas - 

The -w option is a "worker process" that is performing a task to handle a request that the main jagent process received. The +A and +H are used to pass connection info to the worker. You should see one jagent process that is listening for requests (or more if you have multiple jagent listeners), and any number of worker processes. If you have long-running jremote connections, then the worker would live as long as the remote program maintains the connection. For REST APIs, the workers should be pretty short lived, as clients usually won't wait too long for a response.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Peter Schellenbach
    Rocket Internal - All Brands

• 3.  RE: jbase_agent lowercase -w option?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-02-2023 18:08

Lucas,

You get these child processes every time a connection is made to jAgent.

The "-w" is an internal flag - see Pete's response.

```

jbase_agent -h

```

will provide you with the "settable" options for jAgent.

Mike Street
    Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Internal - All Brands