Rocket jBASE

View Only
  • 1.  jBase READ error

Posted 06-28-2023 07:56

Intermittently, we are getting the following error message when updating large files.  The files check out OK in jBase and using chkdsk.    Running 5.8.5 on Windows.  Application programs have not been changed in years.

Dynamic files READ error number 2007 at position xx:xxxx, File '\xxx', item id 'xxx'

Error 2007 during READ_ERROR to file xxx

Enter I to Ignore....

When this happens, I do a 'select' of only the records that reference that particular item.id and re-run the program.  The item will then update properly!  Short term, is there a way to capture the error messages and bypass the prompt so as not to have to interrupt the operation and allow the program to run to completion? 

Any diagnostic help would be appreciated.

Marc

------------------------------
    Marc Zitcer
    Pres
    Davidson Supply
    Paterson NJ US

• 2.  RE: jBase READ error

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-28-2023 08:07

Marc,

Error 2007 is an indication that your file in corrupt.

It is recommended that you use the jcheck utility:

jcheck (rocketsoftware.com)

to verify the integrity of your file and eventually salvage what is salvageable.

Mike

Mike Street
    Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Internal - All Brands

• 3.  RE: jBase READ error

Posted 06-28-2023 11:17

Mike,

Thank you for the speedy response!

NEW.IHC was a new file, created before running the update program.

jCheck produced the following error message:

jsh Marc ~ -->JCHECK NEW.IHC
    Error: File size has increased since start of the program
    Error: At frame 25 at file offset 204800: Offset into frame 3461:
        Item Id '100165'
        Large item error. Frame with secondary item is not the correct type

There were three more error references with different frames and id references...

How would a file size change in the middle of a program?  How do I avoid the happening in the future?

Another frustrating problem I need some help with.  Added a new laser printer, wired ethernet connection.

Multi-page program output now prints 60 lines on page 1 , 4 lines on page 2, 60 lines on page 3 and so on.  There is no way to set a default line/page on the printer.  I've tried using TERM to change the printer length to 56  and tried creating a formtype with the shortened length but neither worked.  How do I "override" the formfeed in the printed output??

Marc

Marc Zitcer
    Pres
    Davidson Supply
    Paterson NJ US

• 4.  RE: jBase READ error

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-28-2023 11:30

Marc,

>How would a file size change in the middle of a program?  How do I avoid the happening in the future?

You should not be running the jcheck utility against a file that is in use.

Run the jcheck utility against the file when there are no users on the system.

If there are still errors, you may need to run jcheck again with the salvage option.

Please don't piggy-back further questions on the back of your original post/question. A separate post should be made for your printing question.

Mike

Mike Street
    Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Internal - All Brands

• 5.  RE: jBase READ error

Posted 06-28-2023 11:52

For my understanding...the file was not in use and the system has been restarted since the program was last run.  In that case, would other users on the system invalidate the jCheck results from today?  I plan on deleting the old file and recreating it before running the program again. 

I will re-post the printer issue separately.

Thanks

Marc Zitcer
    Pres
    Davidson Supply
    Paterson NJ US