Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Old dll ADF3172

Posted 08-11-2022 13:30
    I inherited an old Uniface application which has a file in the common\bin folder called ADF3172.dll. I'm not sure whether this file is part of an earlier release of Uniface (that isn't needed anymore) or something custom developed by someone. I cannot locate the source. The file is not included in the User_3gl section of the assignment file. Our application is currently on version 10.3.02.

If it is part of an earlier Uniface release that isn't needed anymore, I will remove it. Otherwise, I will assume it's custom code and look into it further on my own.

Thank you for your help.

Jim Mitchell
    Senior Systems Designer/Developer
    DCBS | IT&R
    jim.e.mitchell@dcbs.oregon.gov<mailto:jim.e.mitchell@dcbs.oregon.gov>
    971-718-2388
    [ITR-logo-blue]</mailto:jim.e.mitchell@dcbs.oregon.gov>

• 2.  RE: Old dll ADF3172

ROCKETEER
    Posted 08-12-2022 01:54
    This looks like a custom developed DLL. Never came across it in my 25+ years working with Uniface.

You could have a look at the entry points of the DLL using a tool like (e.g.) Dependency Walker or Dependencies. Maybe the exposed function names can give you a clue what it should do. In case the DLL is not included in the [USER_3GL] section then it might be called by a C Call-Out signature (if it is even called). Maybe you can find any related activate statements in the code?

I hope this helps.

------------------------------
    Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Old dll ADF3172

Posted 08-12-2022 12:08
    Thank you for the prompt response, Daniel.

How this all started was I was doing a code search looking for instances of the unsupported "perform" statement to identify all the places I would need to replace it and found some functions that weren't a part of any of our other custom dlls. These instances were in menu items that I don't believe we use anymore. This was the only dll where we don't have the source so I figured the functions might be in it.

I will do further investigation using the tools you mentioned.

Thank you for your help!

Jim Mitchell
    Senior Systems Designer/Developer
    DCBS | IT&R
    jim.e.mitchell@dcbs.oregon.gov<mailto:jim.e.mitchell@dcbs.oregon.gov>
    971-718-2388
    [ITR-logo-blue]