Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  SOAP 2.0 call from Uniface to external webservice

Posted 12-23-2022 04:26
    Hi Unifacers,
    we succesfully called in the past many webservices both using UHTTP/SEND and SOAP 2.0

now we are facing an authentication issue on a customer where Uniface seem to try to use certificates while not necessary/present in this installation, as a basic user and password authentication is needed here. steps done and tryed:

1) imported WSDL
    2) cheched the endpoint
    3) checked SOP U2.0 in [DRIVER_SETTING]
    4) added basc auth in [SERVICES_EXEC] details for our webservice like: SERVICENAME $SOP:SERVICENAME scheme=B euser=the_username epass=the_password
    5) tryed to add ign switch in previous step so ign=HP
    6) downloaded ca-bundle.crt from curl - Extract CA Certs from Mozilla and placed both in working directory and common\usys folder
    7) duplicated that file in personal.crt

still get this error:

MESSAGE=HTTP transport error·!·;DETAIL=Request::handleRequest HTTPTransportException:Client attempted to use SSL functions without the proper prerequisites - Verifying SSL certicate for: blablabla.hana.ondemand.com failed: unable to use client certificate (no key found or wrong pass phrase?)"

first question is why uniface tryes anyway to use certificate where there's not
    second question if there is a limit for length username/password as they are very long and also contain weird characters like =!| that maybe placed in .ASN could do some problem
    third question if username and password need to be encrypted (base64?) or not

we can succesfully call this webservice from the same laptop using SOAPUI+basic authentication

thank you
    Simone

------------------------------
    Simone Pecchenino
    Labinf Sistemi Srl
    IT

• 2.  RE: SOAP 2.0 call from Uniface to external webservice
    Best Answer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-23-2022 10:43
    Hi Simone,

The mentioned error ("unable to use client certificate (no key found or wrong pass phrase?)") should only occur when you are specifying a personal.crt file that does not include any valid client certificate with the required key or pass phrase. If, however, the connector option ign = P or ign = HP is specified then the check should not be done (and the error should not occur). For some reason the SOAP connector does not use the ign option. Are you sure that it has been correctly specified.

Anyway, the SOAP connector currently has a problem with passwords that include an equal sign ("="). In that case the specified password is truncated, and the server should return the HTTP 401 Unauthorized error (e.g. "The requested URL returned error: 401 (401)"). This issue has been recognized by the lab and is currently still open. Does the SOAP request, however, work when you change the password and make sure that it does not include an equal sign?

I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 3.  RE: SOAP 2.0 call from Uniface to external webservice

Posted 12-23-2022 10:52
    Hi Daniel
    unfortunately we can't change the password as it is auto-generated and it will always contain the "equal" character: it was one of the first thing came into my mind when they give me that credentials, and obviously assignment files use the equal as separator between option and value

so I think I am stuck in that situation as I can obtain the 401 unauthorized playing something via assignment file (but I don't remember the exact combination, meybe playing with IGN)

I assume that the SOAP connector will only be fixed in U10.3+U10+4 and not in U9.7, right? or can be somehow ported back?

thank you
    Simone

Simone Pecchenino
    Labinf Sistemi Srl
    IT

• 4.  RE: SOAP 2.0 call from Uniface to external webservice

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-27-2022 13:03
    Hi Simone,

Thank you for your reply. And that is unfortunate.

And you assume correctly: this issue will only be fixed in Uniface 10.3 and 10.4; as you might know, version 9.7 is not supported anymore since about 2 years (for details see Uniface Support Lifecycle).

I hope this clarifies this matter.

Daniel Iseli
    Uniface Services

• 5.  RE: SOAP 2.0 call from Uniface to external webservice

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-01-2023 12:34
    Hi Simone,

I just wanted to let you know that the above mentioned issue with the password has been fixed now with the latest patches for Uniface 10.3 and 10.4 (see fix UNI-13091):
    I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Uniface Services

• 6.  RE: SOAP 2.0 call from Uniface to external webservice

Posted 02-02-2023 02:51
    Hi Daniel
    thank you for the update, glad it has been solved
    unfortunately that customer is still on U9.7 and there is no plan to upgrade it soon
    we will talk to them about this
    Simone

Simone Pecchenino
    Labinf Sistemi Srl
    IT