Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to load 3rd party dll - error 193

Posted 11-30-2023 19:22

In the process of testing one of our Uniface apps under upgraded version 10.4, I received the following error message:

Unable to load useqread.dll; error 193 ('System or I/O error 193 occurred.')

The dll is listed in the [USER_3GL] section of the assignment file and the app works fine in version 10.3.

Any idea as to what might be happening?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Jim Mitchell
    State of Oregon
    Salem OR US

• 2.  RE: Unable to load 3rd party dll - error 193

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-04-2023 11:19

Hi Jim,

Could you have an architecture mismatch, i.e. 32bit and 64bit?  The DLLs and Uniface need to be the same.

Kind regards,

Mike

Michael Taylor
    Rocket Internal - All Brands

• 3.  RE: Unable to load 3rd party dll - error 193

Posted 12-04-2023 12:16

Hi Michael,

Yes, that's likely the problem. This version, we're attempting to go to 64-bit IDE. Although, runtime has been 64-bit for a while so I'm not sure why this didn't fail in the last upgrade we did.

Anyway, it looks like our options are to either get updated source for the useqread function (author is Ulrich Merkel of Compuware Services, created over 20 years ago)  or eliminate the dll altogether by redoing the code to use the ProcScript statement fileload. Not sure why the dll was used in the first place; that was done way before I was the Uniface administrator.

Does anyone else use the useqread.dll and know if there is an updated version? If not, I'll go with Plan B.

Thank you Michael.

Jim Mitchell
    State of Oregon
    Salem OR US