Uniface User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

uniface 10.4 with DSP's

• 1.  uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 05-21-2022 09:59
    Hi All 

I am trying to install the musicshop web app but have got the dreaded red screen.  I have assumed that I do not need to configure, set up users, or file rights.

http://localhost:8080/uniface/wrd/musicmain

300 URD_MW_ERROR

Middleware : UV8
    Error# : Failure in the connection to the UNIFACE Application Server
    Error Text : Cannot connect to the UNIFACE process on the remote address/port.
    Error ID : 180e6d1b46a

Tom cat is running... tick

Web Request Dispatcher seems to be working as TESTABLE.. tick

Uniface Test Middleware response

WRD version: 6.3
    API needed: 2.3

Here is the log file:
    83:14.668.98 t=2596: To Client:chn=877;len=61: CONANS; Error=-21:
    84:25.272.86 t=2952: accepted new connection on TCP:+13001
    84:25.275.79 t=4424: From Client:chn=893;len=111: CLTCON;
    84:25.275.82 t=4424: clt=(hst=127.0.0.1,localhost;pid=0;tid=0;sid=0;usr=nobody;ust=)
    84:25.275.83 t=4424: log=(hst=TCP:localhost+13001;usr=UnifaceServer;ust=wasv)
    84:25.275.84 t=4424: reguser: nid=127.0.0.1, node=localhost, pid=0, ust=
    84:25.276.66 t=4424: [Sat May 21 15:16:06 2022] err=-21: Authenticate: The user name or password is incorrect.
    84:25.276.70 t=4424: To Client:chn=893;len=61: CONANS; Error=-21:

Thanks in advance!!

------------------------------
    Osman Shariff

• 2.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 05-23-2022 13:47
    Hello Osman,

Do you have some changes in your Uniface installation  / default asn-files? Or do you have an userver.aps file within the resources? Is the ust correctly configured? Mostly I see the red screen where an uServer process is not started. This is often due to an incorrect use of one of the switches of the ust. I have never seen the err=-21 error at the specific location in a log file. 

I have installed the Musicshop web app myself with the Uniface 10.4 Community Edition. I do not experience the problems you are showing. I have my projects in seperate directories outside of the installation directory of the Rocket Uniface software, with its own asn- and ini-files. I run the repository in a SLE database, also seperated for the projects. I did had a red screen. This was due to not defining the ust in a correct way. The path of the /adm switch  was just a relative path. This needs to be a full path.

Richard de Vries
    Sogeti Nederland B.V.
    Deventer NL

• 3.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 05-24-2022 07:19
    Hi Osman.

According with LOG, there is an erro with user/password and Tomcat cannot start USERVER. Check if an user called USERVER were created. If so, change the password, following your site restriction. After, look for web.xml in webapps\uniface\WEB-INF (default site context) and change the password inside it.

Best regards

Marcelo Martins
    Uniface Community Edition Shared Account
    US

• 4.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 05-31-2022 08:43
    Hello

Okay, so I am just trying to run a hello world DSP (to rule out anything to do with musicshop). 
    hello world dsp
    I get the same error.

Marcello,  the user in web.xml appears to be UnifaceServer.  Is this the user you are refering to? 
    <param-value>UV8:localhost+13001|UnifaceServer|Uniface_Server123|wasv</param-value>

What I did next was to add this user (UnifaceServer) to  computer management->Local users and groups->users as it did not exist. 
    Is this what you meant by check user exists?

It is still not working though... 

Osman Shariff

• 5.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

PARTNER
    Posted 05-31-2022 08:46
    And do you have a WASV ust in the urouter asn for the urouter listening on 13001? You can either configure this one as per your other USTs or change the WASV in that line to point to your ‘normal’ UST in the urouter asn.
    Regards,
    Iain

• 6.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-31-2022 08:52
    Edited by Daniel Iseli 05-31-2022 08:52
    Did you add the user UnifaceServer to the group "Uniface Server Users", which should have been created during the installation of Uniface? This group has the required permissions to that start Uniface servers.

For more info see (e.g.):
    I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 7.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 06-01-2022 09:22
    Okay, so here is where I am at:-
    I know that the installation of my uniface 10.4 via RocketUnifaceCE.exe did not create the necessary groups/users etc.

I have since created a user (UnifaceServer), connected it to a group (Uniface Server Users) and assigned it some rights (more than necessary).   

my wasv.asn is the original with a line $default_net = TCP:+13001|||
    **There is no log file for wasv**

The urouter asn file has progressed.... the error below happening when trying to do this (http://localhost:8080/uniface/wrd/HELLO_WORLD)

0:00.002.79 t=2436: UROUTERSTART: waiting for listening threads
    0:00.003.34 t=12840: Loaded 'umwpsv10' from C:\Program Files\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\common\bin\umwpsv10.dll, version: 10.4.01 
    0:00.004.23 t=12840: Loaded 'utcp10' from C:\Program Files\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\common\bin\utcp10.dll, version: 10.4.01 004
    0:00.009.41 t=2436: UROUTERSTART: All listening threads started
    0:34.574.09 t=12840: accepted new connection on TCP:+13001
    0:34.574.49 t=10960: From Client:chn=489;len=111: CLTCON;
    0:34.574.53 t=10960: clt=(hst=127.0.0.1,localhost;pid=0;tid=0;sid=0;usr=nobody;ust=)
    0:34.574.54 t=10960: log=(hst=TCP:localhost+13001;usr=UnifaceServer;ust=wasv)
    0:34.574.57 t=10960: reguser: nid=127.0.0.1, node=localhost, pid=0, ust=
    0:34.576.30 t=10960: [Wed Jun 1 14:54:08 2022] err=-21: Authenticate: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.
    0:34.576.31 t=10960: To Client:chn=489;len=109: CONANS; Error=-21:

I also get this error with urouter/show
    C:\Program Files\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\common\bin>urouter/show
    ERROR: Registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Uniface\URouter\Uniface10 URouter' not found

Osman Shariff

• 8.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-01-2022 09:45
    How did you create the group? Looking at spelling it probably was not created with the URouter or by the installer. The default group is called "UNIFACE Server Users" and has the user right "Log on as a batch job". The error in the URouter log file suggests that the group you are using does not have the required user right.

0:34.576.30 t=10960: [Wed Jun 1 14:54:08 2022] err=-21: Authenticate: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

And the output of urouter/show is normal. "Uniface10 URouter" is the default service name if nothing is specified. The installer suggests a different service name and you also can rename it before installing Uniface. The default name for the Uniface 10.4 Enterprise Edition is "Uniface 104 Enterprise Edition URouter". I don't have a Community Edition installed here, but the service probably is called "Uniface 104 Community Edition URouter".

But have a look at the /newacc switch of the URouter executable. This will create a new user and add it to the appropriate group with the required user rights. You probably have to delete your own "Uniface Server Users" group first, before running the urouter /newacc command. Please make sure that you run this from a Windows Administrator command prompt.

I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Uniface Services

• 9.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 06-01-2022 11:39
    Thanks Daniel,  I finally managed to get it to work with all your help.

User and group were created manually.
    It actually worked after I added a variety of other users to my manually created UnifaceServer. I assume that one of them had "Log on as a batch job" rights.

I tried the /newacc which created the user and the group but with all the messing around I did, I could not get the urouter service to start successfully.  I am going to do a reinstall  of uniface and use what I now know to get the thing up and running.

Cheers for your help

Osman Shariff

• 10.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-01-2022 11:58
    Thanks, Osman. And you are welcome.

You, however, did not add any users here. Instead, you have added the user "UnifaceServer" to numerous groups. The Administrators group probably does the trick here. It, however, is a bad idea to add the Uniface Server user to the Administrators group. It is best to only assign the minimum required user rights to the Uniface Server user respectively the related group.

Just make sure that the Uniface installer is really running as Administrator (with elevated privileges) and chose a password for the Uniface Server user that is compliant with the password policy of Windows. The default password might not be complex enough.

I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Uniface Services

• 11.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 06-02-2022 06:35
    Edited by Osman Shariff 06-02-2022 06:43
    Hi Daniel,

A few bits that will hopefully help anybody else in this situation:-

The installation guide suggests I should get a zip file, but in fact I just got RocketUnifaceCE.exe.
    I assume this is correct. 

For me, the only bit missing in the installation is the creation of the user and group... this can be done manually with the following command run as administrator. 
    cd "C:\Program Files\Rocket Uniface 10 Community Edition\common\bin"
    urouter/newacc UnifaceServer "UNIFACE Server Users" /passwd Uniface_Server123

However, this still does not work as the user UnifaceServer is missing some user rights.
    btw: "Uniface Server Users " has already access to  "Log on as a batch job"

The error in the urouter log file is :-
    3:39.508.77 t=15656: srvdead: notifying client there is no server
    3:39.508.90 t=15656: [Thu Jun 2 12:41:46 2022] err=-25: thpsv: Problems handling request

I used Secpol (Local security policy) to add the user UnifaceServer  to many policies, but this still did not work.

Finally, I added Administrators as one of the groups for user UnifaceServer and it works again.  But, I would ideally, as you suggested, like to not do it this way.

Osman Shariff

• 12.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-02-2022 07:35
    Hi Osman,

Thank you for sharing this info, but this all looks so wrong. Sorry.

It is not really recommended to suggest to other users to arbitrarily assign user rights to the Uniface Server user or group without knowing what impact this might have. From a security point of view this certainly is not a good idea. And it probably will make your sysadmin quite mad.

Adding the Uniface Server user to the Administrators group should also not be necessary. I know from previously reported issues that running the URouter under a different account than the Local System account can throw similar errors. This, however, is not something the installer would do and only really happens when the service properties are explicitly changed by a user. I also saw in older cases that it was suggested to assign not only the user right "Log on as a batch job", but also "Log on as a service". I never had an installation where that was necessary, but it apparently worked for some people in the past. Not sure if this is caused by how Windows is setup or configured. I am not a Windows sysadmin.

I am also still puzzled that the installer does not create the user or the group. Did you see if there was an error displayed by the installer? It should report if something goes wrong when creating the user. Then again, there must be something in the Windows configuration (or there is some policy active) that prevents the creation.

Anyway, when I check the last error you have encountered in the URouter log then it seems that the URouter was able to logon the specified user and attempted to start a UServer process.  This apparently failed for some reason, which is indicated by the srvdead message and the -25 error. Did you check if the UServer created any log files? There might be one in the working directory with the name uservernnnnn.log (where nnnnn is the PID of the UServer process). If there is then it might hold a clue what went wrong. In case there is no log file then the UServer simply failed to start, which might be caused by numerous issues. One of them could be that the UServer process does not have enough permissions to access or write to required files. Since it works with a Administrator user this seems like the most likely cause. The troubleshooting tool Process Monitor from Microsoft is always handy to identify these kind of access problems.

I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Uniface Services

• 13.  RE: uniface 10.4 with DSP's

Posted 06-03-2022 04:24
    Hi Daniel

The setting of the user rights was just to try to identify exactly why it is not working.  I have since removed them ;-) 
    The computer is my stand alone with openvpn installed and that is about it.  I will try to install uniface on my laptop, but for that I will have to deregister the uniface licence first.

I looked in install_info.txt but, there was just the basic info.
    There was also no userver log generated
    I looked in event viewer and process monitor, but found nothing that could help.

For me, it works if I continue to use it with administrator rights.... and I will keep digging time to time and post here on any news.

Thanks for your help

Osman Shariff