Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface IDF not responding

Posted 02-07-2024 11:50
    Edited by Jozef Prokopovic 02-08-2024 07:24

Hi all, 

last couple days I am facing an issue with starting my IDF or Uniface app. When I start the IDF then it takes way too long to start, I mean 5-10min or even more. That is when I am not connected on VPN. When I am connected to VPN then it is stacked almost forever. It will not start. I will just get the initial window with UD6 development environment (Not responding). And that's it. I have to cancel the job with task manager. I need the VPN because of the license server. 

So it looks that the VPN is making it worse but even without VPN it is a real issue. Sometimes it starts after long period (5-10min) but sometimes it does not start. 

Any idea what is wrong or what should I check? Or any clue why the start of the IDF is so slow? Are there any metadata to be deleted maybe that would help?

BR

Jozef

------------------------------
    Jozef Prokopovic
    Uniface Community Edition Shared Account
    US

• 2.  RE: Uniface IDF not responding

PARTNER
    Posted 02-12-2024 02:41

Hi
    Do you have Uniface installed on a netshare?
    Have you tried to install it locally on the pc where it's processing? Just to get a comparison.

Regards RogerW

Roger Wallin
    Abilita Oy

• 3.  RE: Uniface IDF not responding

Posted 02-12-2024 04:12

Mentioninig UD6 suggests to me that you are using march hare to hold your uniface source code.  If so, it may be best contacting them directly.

Osman Shariff