Rocket Uniface Support Resources

View Only
  • 1.  Version Control

Posted 02-28-2024 11:39

Hey all,

I've looked in the PAM - and I cannot see any entries for a version control system.

Does anybody which version control system - if any - works with UF 10.03 and/or 10.04?

Regards,

Knut

------------------------------
    Knut Dybendahl

• 2.  RE: Version Control

PARTNER
    Posted 02-29-2024 11:05

In my company, we use IBM Rational Synergy. Since many years, we use a client for it which we have developed on our own and which is integrated into the IDE (in contrast to the former UniCon integration which worked until Uniface 9, it does not extend the GUI of IBM Rational Synergy but the IDE using IDE_DEFINE_USERMENUS and therefore also works with Uniface 10). Although it would be interesting to switch from IBM Rational Synergy to a more modern version control system like Git, we have not done this because there are rare cases where resolution of merge conflicts is not manageable (when there is a conflict in the form paint). If you are interested in more details, please tell me.

Eric Müller
    Akdb

• 3.  RE: Version Control

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-29-2024 11:14

Hi Knut

The usual options include the UD6 driver from March-Hare  march-hare.com - IT Consultants, Support, Tools and the Work Area Support utility GitHub - uniface/WASListener: Version control integration for Uniface.

Kind regards,

Mike

Michael Taylor
    Rocket Internal - All Brands

• 4.  RE: Version Control

Posted 02-29-2024 11:24

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. 

March Hare isn't an alternative - it's too expensive.
    Github might be - however, why isn't Uniface bundled with a source control interface?
    We spent $1000's  of dollars - and still spend $1000's of dollars in maintenance - on the SCCI
    interface driver....  which is no longer available in UF 10.x. 

Are there any plans of plugging a SCI 'driver' back into UF?  If so, by when?

Kind regards,

Knut

Knut Dybendahl