Rocket OpenQM

View Only
  • 1.  What happened to SCRB documentation.

Posted 06-07-2023 14:25

I have developed several screens using the SCRB command in the past but when I went to see some current documentation, the page cannot be found.  It is still listed in the QM Commands.  Has this been removed?  Has it been replaced by something else?

Thanks,   Ted

------------------------------
    Tedmund Hurlbut
    Self Registered
    Simpsonville SC US

• 2.  RE: What happened to SCRB documentation.

Posted 06-07-2023 17:03

It is in my documentation for 4.0-8 under QM Commands > SCRB. And you can see it on the web at http://downloads.openqm.com/help/index.html using that same menu path. In either case, you can also go to the documentation for the !SCREEN subroutine, and click on the link to SCRB.

Is there something else you are looking for?

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Speirs
    Senior Analyst - Information Systems
    Self Registered
    Wellington NZ

• 3.  RE: What happened to SCRB documentation.

Posted 06-08-2023 04:43

Brian,

I forgot about this old documentation.  This is what I started with but then it quit working.  I started using the new documentation since it had recent updates.

Introduction to the QM Database (rocketsoftware.com)

This documentation has the QM Commands but when looking at the SCRB, it was failing.  Now when I bring it up, it is working.  The last update date is today (thanks to someone for posting the update).

Thanks for responding and reminding me of the old documentation.  Still learning my way around QM but things are looking up.  I have not been able to figure out how it SCRB handles multivalues.  I see many more features but have not figured out how to use them.  I wish there were more examples.

Take care,

Ted

Tedmund Hurlbut
    Self Registered
    Simpsonville SC US

• 4.  RE: What happened to SCRB documentation.

Posted 06-08-2023 17:55

I didn't even know about that version of the documentation. After a quick look, I think it is a typical modernisation - it looks pretty but I find it less functional than the older documentation.

If you have a Windows version of OpenQM, there should a help CHM file installed. You can type 'help' at TCL (if you are on the server), and QM will open the help file for you.

However, the version I mostly use is the web version. You can download these from your  RBC account. Unzip, the package, and set it up to be served by a web server, and then they are available to everyone.

In RBC, use the 'Search Product Availability' function; Select OpenQM as the product (and your platform). Then you can download the Docs.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Speirs
    Senior Analyst - Information Systems
    Self Registered
    Wellington NZ

• 5.  RE: What happened to SCRB documentation.

Posted 06-09-2023 06:21

Brian,

My thought is Rocket is doing more updates to the new online documentation.  I do see recent updates.  Yes I like the old documentation but it seems that it is only updated upon a new release.

Thanks again for responding.  Still learning a lot about OpenQM.

Ted

Tedmund Hurlbut
    Self Registered
    Simpsonville SC US