Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface 10 - How to?

Posted 04-05-2022 09:54
    Ya'll,

How does one - in 10.03 -

1. Get to sort entries in a proc container alphabetically?
    2. How to force IDE to 'collapse' all proc script containers (only show operation / entry names) at the start - every time / all the time?
    3. Is "Autocomplete" in 10.03 at all?  If so, what's the secret to get it to work?
    Regards,
    Knut

------------------------------
    Knut Dybendahl

• 2.  RE: Uniface 10 - How to?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 04-05-2022 10:13
    Hi Knut,

Regarding how...

1. Get to sort entries in a proc container alphabetically?
      You can sort entries in the Compiled Modules Inspector; See also more info in this Uniface Library topic: Compiled Module Information; but I'm not sure that I completely understand what you would like to achieve here.
    2. How to force IDE to 'collapse' all proc script containers (only show operation / entry names) at the start - every time / all the time?
      At the moment there is no such functionality; this, however, sound like a valid wish.
    3. Is "Autocomplete" in 10.03 at all?  If so, what's the secret to get it to work?
      This is planned for later this year; this feature is mentioned on the current Uniface Roadmap (see Uniface External Roadmap 2022.pdf)
    I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Daniel

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 3.  RE: Uniface 10 - How to?

Posted 04-05-2022 11:15
    Hi Daniel,

Re 1)  - I'm talking in the ProcScript editor - migrating a number of LARGE forms with operations / local proc entries:

I know this is from UF9 - but I'd have as a guess all the ProcScript sits in a Struct - a simple sort on that would make
    life a lot easier rather than having to search through the container (and why isn't a repeat search possible (as in,
    I can press F3 on the keyboard to search - but I have use the mouse to search for the next Operation or whatever
    I'm searching for))...  Again - productivity...

Makes sense??

Regards,
    Knut

Knut Dybendahl

• 4.  RE: Uniface 10 - How to?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 04-05-2022 11:28
    Thanks, Knut.

Yes, this makes sense.

As said, you can sort the output of the Compiled Modules Inspector (see Modules tab in the Write Script Worksheet of the Component Editor). But this will also show inherited entries, triggers, or operations (and not only what is in the current code container of the component). In the Structure View of the Editor there's also a drop-down that will show the local entries, triggers, or operations, but this view unfortunately cannot be sorted (at this moment). Would be a nice enhancement.

And you can actually repeatedly search without using the mouse: just press Enter, or Shift-Enter in case you want to search backwards. The hint is in the tool tip of the Find button.

Regards,
    Daniel

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 5.  RE: Uniface 10 - How to?

Posted 04-06-2022 08:46
    Hi Daniel,

Appreciate the repeat search info...
    I'm a keyboard jockey - hovering a mouse has never been my style...  ;-)

Regards,
    Knut

Knut Dybendahl