Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Message Frame Form

Posted 02-24-2022 04:23
    I have a panel button that runs the message frame. If there's been an issue with our system, I would like to add a button to this screen to say 'copy to clipboard' or something similar, or even a mailto:  button that does the copy and then pastes it into an email - is this possible or is there a better way? Thanks...

------------------------------
    Toni Davenport
    Uniface Community Edition Shared Account
    US

• 2.  RE: Message Frame Form

PARTNER
    Posted 02-24-2022 11:17
    You could use $putmess to fetch the message details into a display form of your own, and then add a button to send the message info out. 
    You'd have to then apply an operation to the panel button, and include that operation in all components with that panel. 
    Which version of Uniface? 
    Regards, 
    Iain

Iain Sharp
    Head of Technical Services
    Pci Systems Ltd
    Sheffield GB

• 3.  RE: Message Frame Form

Posted 02-24-2022 12:28
    Edited by Gianni Sandigliano 02-24-2022 12:29

Hi all,

in older Uniface versions the same functionality of $putmess was obtained by this code snippet:

content = ""
    call copyMsgFrame
    sleep 2
    content = $selblk

entry copyMsgFrame
    macro "^MESSAGE^SELECT^TEXT^SAVE^ACCEPT "
    end

(Note: in the macro string after the ACCEPT word a single space is available before the closing double quote.)

The macro used is still part of the current documentation as part of $selblk function samples.

Gianni

Gianni Sandigliano
    IT

• 4.  RE: Message Frame Form

Posted 02-24-2022 14:22
    Currently on 10.3.02, I did think about it, but would I only be able to putmess my own stuff rather than everything Uniface puts in there too?

I know in theory it would be safer to have my own form, just in case Uniface pulls standard functionality and of course if it got overwritten be a newer version, but just thought that as Uniface already handles much of it, it would be a simple thing to amend the uniface form  and take the risk!?

Toni Davenport
    Uniface Community Edition Shared Account
    US

• 5.  RE: Message Frame Form

Posted 02-24-2022 15:36
    Edited by Gianni Sandigliano 02-24-2022 15:38

Hi Toni,

Uniface puts its own stuff into message/frame in two cases:
    - Uniface kernel errors
    - $ioprint > 0

All contents inserted into MessageFrame from Uniface have their historical structure (which I really do NOT like!).

To recognize my own stuff I am usually defining them with a classical LOG structure:
    [Timestamp] [User] [Node] [Process] [Level] [Case] [LongDescription (eventually structured)]

In this way contents could be filtered before being directed to someone/somewhere.

Hope it helps,
    Gianni

Gianni Sandigliano
    IT