Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface DLLs

Posted 03-22-2022 05:52
    I there a definitive list of DLLs required by Uniface?

We've been asked to explain what a few are for.

Couldn't find anything about these two:
    • umswenu.dll
    • unlsusa.dll

------------------------------
    R W
    Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Mgmt
    Bristol GB

• 2.  RE: Uniface DLLs

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-22-2022 07:00
    Which version of Uniface are you using? I cannot find the mentioned DLLs in any version that I have locally (and that ranges from version 6 up to 10.4).

Thanks.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 3.  RE: Uniface DLLs

Posted 03-23-2022 04:16
    Edited by Robert Wade 03-23-2022 04:50
    We are using 9.2.03.01 (O304 0414_1) with ASE Sybase 16.

R W
    Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Mgmt
    Bristol GB

• 4.  RE: Uniface DLLs

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-23-2022 04:44
    Thanks. I've checked the installation files of Uniface 9.2 and the patch O314, but I (so far) cannot find the mentioned DLLs (umswenu.dll and unlsusa.dll) anywhere. I don't think that these files were ever delivered as part of the Uniface product. It should not have any impact if you would remove these DLLs.

And I hopefully don't need to mention that Uniface 9.2 is not supported anymore since more than 10 years. It might be a good idea to migrate to a more recent (and supported) version. For details see: Uniface Support Lifecycle

I hope this helps.

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 5.  RE: Uniface DLLs

PARTNER
    Posted 03-28-2022 07:32
    Further to Daniels message, there's also nothing on Google apart from this post with either of those names on them.I would expect at least a post reporting on them in a "What is this" site if it were a product that was in general release.

This would suggest that it something coded in house so it might be worth looking at your VCS.

The ENU part feels like it might be to do with Error Notifications, either getting notifications from or sending the to MSW (Microsoft WIndows).
    The NLS one could be indicating that its something to do with National Language Support. The fact it mentions USA could imply its something to do with the confusing default languages in earlier versions of Uniface (sometimes coded to UK, Sometimes coded to USA). Alternatively, I'm not sure how good Sybase's NLS support is but it may be to do with that.

Mike Porter
    Equiniti Group
    Belfast, UK