Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only
  • 1.  'Class Not Registered' Error on Rocket TE 10.1 VBA

Posted 09-11-2023 04:54

Hello,

I am randomly encountering this error during the run of my VBA macros on the 10.1 Rocket TE (32bit) V10.1.4.4556: "ErrNbr: -2147467259, ErrDescript: Method 'getDisplayText' of object 'IWhllObj' failed"

We have recently upgraded from BlueZone 8.1 (64bit) TN5250 to Rocket 10.1 (32bit) TN3270. With our previous version, we have created many automations with VBA macros for our business.

With this transition, we are seeing the above error often. We will run the script as usual and at some point, this will flag and cause our file to "Fail Save" and report the error. On restart to step thru, the macro will be unable to progress past the first "SESSION.READSCREEN" command. However, I have an If SESSION.CONNECTED=true command prior that the macro is able to step thru no problem. 

I've tested other commands and SESSION.CONNECTED, SESSION. SESSION.FULLNAME, SESSION.GETSESSIONID, SESSION.GETSESSIONID all work accurately. But if I attempt to do SESSION.READSCREEN, GETDISPLAYTEXT, SENDKEY, WRITESCREEN, I get the following errors during the step thru:

• Run-time error '-2147457259 (80004005)': Method 'ReadScreen' of object 'IWhllObj' failed
    • Run-time error '-2147457259 (80004005)': Class not registered

These do not present upon initial compile. The macro works fine in first few minutes. I am able to fully close the session and restart the session with the macros able to step thru first instances of SESSION.READSCREEN and SESSION.GETDISPLAYTEXT. It is only after the first "error", that any restart results in an immediate error at first READSCREEN call.

I have a feeling it is the 64 to 32 bit change and something needs to be updated within the macro to accommodate this somehow. Even the connection type may have impacted these executions. However, I have looked thru the Automation Dev Guide with no success on determining root cause. If someone can please advise a potential resolution or next troubleshooting steps, that would be fantastic! Thank you!

We are using the following libraries in VBA: bzvba 10.1 Type Library, BZWhll Type Library

------------------------------
    Taylor Baranski
    Business Analyst
    EdFinancial Services
    Knoxville TN US

• 2.  RE: 'Class Not Registered' Error on Rocket TE 10.1 VBA

Posted 09-18-2023 09:28

Apologies, was duplicate post.

Taylor Baranski
    Business Analyst